All car models in 3D including tyres ML2166

Please someone help me!
I cant see my created car in the 3D Modell in Photoshop. What can be the matter? It shows the default Ferrari car.

And when you started making the specocc dds file in the video, how did u do that your colour is blue?

I show my problem in video:

Hi

Okay try this for me.

Open the Ferrari 3D model.

Click on the fe1_main tab in the layers menu to open it up.

on the now opened 2D template You should have 2 layers, one named layer 1 and one named background.

Fill the layer 1 tab with all black paint, the whole layer.

Then click on the fe1_highlod.psd tab at the top of the page to get back to the 3D model.

The whole car should now turn black.

Does it do this?

If yes, you were simply just not following the video correctly.

I do not have all the tabs open on the video. Just the one I am working on.

Hi

Okay try this for me.

Open the Ferrari 3D model.

Click on the fe1_main tab in the layers menu to open it up.

on the now opened 2D template You should have 2 layers, one named layer 1 and one named background.

Fill the layer 1 tab with all black paint, the whole layer.

Then click on the fe1_highlod.psd tab at the top of the page to get back to the 3D model.

The whole car should now turn black.

Does it do this?

If yes, you were simply just not following the video correctly.

I do not have all the tabs open on the video. Just the one I am working on.

I have already done :) Working. Thank you so much !

And even if it was possible....I wouldn't do it.

Man those cars are fugly........:roflmao:

I just tried something
I will keep you informed whether this will work ingame
rb2012nose.jpg
did you manage to put the 3dcars with the duck nose in the game ?? does it work ?

hey ML2166,

Can you make templates of Driversuits in 2048x2048, including wireframes?

Would be great.

Greetings black

Might get around to that in the future, but I have far too much on my plate for now to be doing.

So if it comes, it will be a while yet.

Can you tell me plz. if it's possible to make just tyres and front suspension visible, by modding textures as you do. Im using a setup like on this vid:
I managed to make it work in rfactor by playing witl LOD, but cant make it in f1 2011. I ask for your help. Thx

Can you tell me plz. if it's possible to make just tyres and front suspension visible, by modding textures as you do. Im using a setup like on this vid:
I managed to make it work in rfactor by playing witl LOD, but cant make it in f1 2011. I ask for your help. Thx

Could you ask this in the correct section (Modding Questions) not in this thread where it has no relevance whatsoever.

ML2166

On your car template with tyre, we have a skin name tyre wall, have you create it just for the template or this file exist somewhere in the game ?

All tyres can be found in the F1 2011\cars\generics\f1\car_gen_high.pssg and F1 2011\cars\generics\f1\car_gen_low.pssg files.

If you are planning on changing them to a single colour brand such as Goodyear as I believe you are wanting to do....you will need to do it for all the different colours of the Pirelli's and create new masks, speocc and nm files for each of them too, not forgetting about the blur masks.

All tyres can be found in the F1 2011\cars\generics\f1\car_gen_high.pssg and F1 2011\cars\generics\f1\car_gen_low.pssg files.

If you are planning on changing them to a single colour brand such as Goodyear as I believe you are wanting to do....you will need to do it for all the different colours of the Pirelli's and create new masks, speocc and nm files for each of them too, not forgetting about the blur masks.

great thanks

Is there any chance you could supply us with the 3d helmet file as well?

I've searched & searched for this so apologies if it has already been done.

I've been using the previous 3d helmet file done by daimon but there is an issue with the graphics becoming distorted on the front of the helmet below the visor & I do not see this on your helmet renders, so would be great to have another version

Either that or as has been previously requested, you could point us in the right direction of how to extract the 3d helmet model ?

Thanks!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years