All car models in 3D including tyres ML2166

thank you soooo much!!! saves me alot of time and i can finally get painting!

do you know of any easy way i can pull a wireframe out of of the models?

Like this you mean?

It is possible, not too easy to do and not 100% correct but it is close.

Not sure it is really needed either.

wire1r.jpg

yes that's exactly what i'm talking about. just wondering because in the nr2003 world i have been accustom to using a wire frame to be able to do my logo work aside from using the 3d model 100%. also i can easily tell where all the parts are with that. was the procedure difficult in Photoshop?

To get it without all the mucking around in 3ds max, I just deleted all the parts of the model except for the main body in 3dsimed..

Export the model to a folder.

Then using a program called LithUnwrap brought the model in, create the wire frame, save as bitmap, then overlay the wire frame on the texture in Photoshop.

To get it without all the mucking around in 3ds max, I just deleted all the parts of the model except for the main body in 3dsimed..

Export the model to a folder.

Then using a program called LithUnwrap brought the model in, create the wire frame, save as bitmap, then overlay the wire frame on the texture in Photoshop.
thank you i will try that out... LithUnwrap is free right?

Hi @ML2166
If you by any chance has some sparetime in your massive MOD making, I have a question for you.
Can you make me/(us) a 3D model presentation jpg/bmp image of our F1 2011 Car MOD ?
(like you have made of your own custom cars and these files alike)

Its found here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...-f1-team-braveheart-discovery-car-only.48206/
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...y-f1-team-braveheart-discovery-package.48205/

I have made our car and the rest of the (fantasy) team actually, and running with them for quite some now, but my graphical skills stops when its about creating those fantastic looking 3D models you sharks make for the presentation of your cars, helmets or other MOD.
I have created the Braveheart-Discovery in Paint Shop Pro 9, (converting with The Compressonator) as I do not have PS, nor do my skills reach the level of these super cool looking 3D models.
I can learn it im sure, - I have tried this 3DSIM tool, but nothing happends when I try to open the files.

PS: If you dont have time, or interest, thanks anyway, as I see great value on your other custom cars work as I do in my own.
These custom design are very important for MOD beginners. Thats how I started getting inspiration years ago in designing our own cars.

If you just need a file and not the package like above, please let me know, I can send you what you want...

My personal next level would be to change from PSP9 to Photoshop.... :confused::cautious: :whistling:

@ML2166 I will right away re-post my thread with DOWNLOAD for my BRAVEHEART-DISCOVERY car with your renders in 3D, people HAS to see those. MAN MAN MAN does my car look SWEET in your 3D renders :thumbsup: WOW :D BIG THANK YOU

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 83 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.2%