Resource icon

Tracks All billboards, flags, balloons and helicopters for ACU's Okutama Final.final

Login or Register an account to download this content
Mascot submitted a new resource:

Real Billboards Track Skin (and Balloons) for ACU's Okutama - Real billboards and balloons for ACU's rather excellent Okutama track

Drop the unzipped contents into the Okutama main track folder and overwrite when prompted. Select 'Real Billboards 2' track skin in Content Manager. You might need to select/deselect/select the track skin the very first time you use it for it to be recognised.

This will add slightly-weathered real billboards and hot air balloons to all four layouts at Okutama. I've collected balloons and blimps from various mod tracks over the years so apologies if you happen to recognise one of...

Read more about this resource...

Small update on the way. I was never happy with the Recaro banners (too bright, too plain) so I've swapped these Alpinestars ones in:

hmJLElp.jpg

… and I totally forgot about the flags on the Drift course (which is a lot of fun racing in slower cars - try it) so have done these (which look newer and cleaner, as ripstop nylon flags do):

ciUeOKp.jpg

Might tweak one or two others before updating.

This is a very nice track! Getting great FPS with it too.

Thanks a lot!

I've often wondered about making weathered billboards. What software is needed to do it? I guess you need an image editor (Photoshop)... is other software necessary?

I use paint.net and a 50% transparent texture which is put over the advert itself as a second layer. Simple as that and it looks great. Check my billboard mods here at RD.
That was my original intention (especially for the large K&N and Valvoline billboards) but I never got around to it, just 'weathering and ageing' the billboards using some PS filters instead. NFS Shift always had pretty effective 'worn' billboards using a layer like you describe.

3C1isBw.png
SB29CCT.png

I'll have a play and see if I can come up with something similar if I can find the time. These Okutama billboards were meant to be a relatively simple fix just to get rid of the immersion-breaking Kunos ones, and as a VR user the quick weathering I applied seems to have done the trick in making them not look all new and shiny.

Once you create the billboards, how does the AC software know where to put them in the track? And how do you know how to indicate where they go in the track?
You're just replacing the textures, so placement is automatic. Keeping the correct aspect ratio is important though - nothing grinds my gears more than seeing famous logos stretched or squashed.

OK
So you can only do this for tracks which have a Textures folder - that right?. Lots of tracks don't have Textures folders - so that's another matter, right?
No, you create a track skin in Content Manager and select which textures you want to override, then replace them with your own. This works for any track.

Mascot updated Real Billboards Track Skin (and Balloons) for ACU's Okutama with a new update entry:

All billboards, balloons, flags and helicopters for ACU's Okutama

This latest (last?) update compiles all of the billboard/flag skins I've done for this track, plus I've mixed up the balloons a bit on the various layouts, plus I've added animated helicopters to each layout with different positions for each.

*** THIS NEEDS stFlow Shader by Stereo TO WORK ***
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/stflow-shader.23999/

Helicopter by Gunnar333 with blade tweaks by Testgame. Thanks to Fat-Alfie for advice about rotating dynamic models....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Haha Mascot , you are a madman! I thought this was the last update....2 updates ago! In all seriousness , thank you for all your hard work! It definitely adds life to these tracks and is much appreciated!

Haha Mascot , you are a madman! I thought this was the last update....2 updates ago! In all seriousness , thank you for all your hard work! It definitely adds life to these tracks and is much appreciated!
Thanks Jeff. I'm nothing if not obsessive.
I just realised I didn't include an update to my original Real Billboards, which adds a faded/weathered 'neglected' look. D'oh! I daren't release another update. I'd get lynched.

cloth.png
board_2x1.png
board.png

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years