RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

seriously, I cant believe it, how hard is it to take it easy in the first lap? and then if that wasnt enough, when I got hit, the driver didnt wait for me, just continued driving without stopping.. time to report absence.. I was at 5th place place at the first lap when I got tapped from behind, then in race 2 on lap 2 I was in 3rd place when I got hit too. BELIEVE ME, I AM MAD. I went all back to 17th place because of the absence

After reading your post went to see replay... Yes that wasn't nice... and It was me :worship: (Race 2). Alen I'm sorry about spinning, ofcourse it was an accident. I didn't stop because i thought that u ware the one who spinned me 2 curves before and I thought U didn't stop to wait me. Actually Yyes spinned me and he moved to side but when I looked back I didnt see him I saw you trying to overtaking me and I thought U were Yyes and that u didn't stop to wait me, and than we had a contact and I didn't wait U... Sorry Alen, my mistake. Understand you are mad.

• Dave Millar

Thanks all for the fun races last night.

These cars took a bit tweaking to suit the track. Was finding it hard to get the turn in on a few corners.
Found myself mixing it up with Terry on both occasions (race1&2). Had some good close tight racing. Apologies Terry for the 2 taps. Was really trying everything in the book to get a past. Great defending. The door wasn't quite open enough on the right hand sweeper, thought I might be able to dip my toe in to find room. I had been targeting you on that one for a while as you had a wider line.
Very high level of driving, wd all.

Dave

2jbjeb8.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RANK
Class: FIA-TC-65, FIA-GTC-65-, FIA-GTC-TC-76
Track: Anderstorp
Weather: Dry
Practice: 1 minute
Qualification: 60 minutes

Notes:

i'm proposing this is the last round in this, uh, season.... so, we'll reset the scores every five rounds...

for the next season i thought we might run aggregated times, rather than a points system... with a standard 3:00 penalty people who don't set a time... here's what the current table would look like with that system:

View attachment 10752
View attachment 10753

so, do you have a preference? or do you just not care?
after all, it's just a bit of proper jobbing minge club... :nod:

I go for this idea :good: Never been so far up in any table before :lol:

On a serious note, (never) I will go with the minority as it abit of fun at the end of the day :nod:

Power of suggestion aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times, aggregated times. :lol:

Don't worry about that Bob. Just shows if you've only done half the events and near the top shows how good you are :nod: Plus that was only based on round 4 :lol: :wink:

I'm only where I am because I've completed more events than the guys below me..... I think? :nod:

Oh! Kyalami, I love you though you hurt me so. :p Still, nice racing last night, guys. :highfive:

Qualifying: I knew I wasn't going to be fast at all, this being a tight, twisty track that I still had yet to get to grips with. I completely stuffed my Qualifying lap by trying in vain to ride the kerbs at that blasted chicane. Into the air, and upside down, I went. That set me back by about ten seconds, but it was enough for 11th.

Race 1: For some reason, my framerate was terrible throughout the event. The start was stuttery, but surprisingly clean. Through people running off and Kyalami's ability to catch people out in the most unlikely scenarios, I was able to move to 6th and stay there to the finish.

Race 2: Didn't finish very well, but it was one of the most exciting races I've had the pleasure to have competed in. An incident on the first lap at the hairpin at the circuit's far end saw me drop from the 3rd position I had. I was disappointed for a short while but it was all worthwhile, because what followed was an epic battle between myself, Cam and Gunthar. I was pushing that car harder than I thought was humanly possible. Great fight guys, it was the highlight of my night. :)

So, being outside the points in the second race, I was left with three points, and equal 7th with Cam. Fun racing, I really enjoyed it, and thanks to Cam and RD for making it happen. :thumb:

A night to forget!!!!

... In the 3rd lap I guess, I smashed Freddie Besems car. He could not get right those chincanes and I was way faster. In the end of that sequence of turns he pulled his car left, but I pulled left too and smashed his car. So sorry, Freddie. Believe me, I'm not like that. Sorry to end your fun that way. I really hate when this happens...

Thanks a lot, Andrew.

No offense. i found it the most difficult part on the track and im driving completely standard cars. Setup a car is for me very difficult.

Also im driving GTR e now for about 2 months, so i have to learn a lot.

Most of the time i'll see players coming in my virtual mirror and track map, because i dont want to get in anyone's way.

But it seems while a was not at the end of the race i could drive my own line, i couldn't see, while this chicane's (you have to pick them in a straight line) are very difficult for me, if it was a car that was goiing so much faster, or that it was car which came out of the pit.

There were already some cars i think goiing for pit. I think it was necessary because of very bad starts (in both races), i thougt jesus its just like a public server. At the second start i won a few places, but after some collisions i was back again for a few places.

I'll hope that there is some more caution on the track since you are all great drivers.

Statement: a chicane is to slow cars down, it is a kind of speedlimit.
and yes of course we all want to go as fast as we can true
a chicane. and most of the time it is a good oppurtunity to
get past a car.

Hope to see you all in next race, and hope to get a bit faster.

I think I'm going to be doubtful for this one as well with my hand injury. I'm probably 50/50 realistically, so best stick me in the reserves please, rather than taking a place up that might get filled by a more able handed driver. :disapointed:

Qual: 4th - Finish: 2nd

Saw Cris in pole do a big jump start and got a run on the car ahead and aimed for the second apex early to claim the turn,but the car in 3rd came off the curb awkwardly and we had a small nudge that i just held the car and no more losing a bundle of places,recovered more or less right beside Alen P. and i outbraked and went in early for the apex of T3,Alen seemed aware of this and as far as i was concerned it was good pass,but i see on the replay Alen spins there,i felt absolutely nothing like any kind of contact and didnt even bother checking behind afterwards,on my replay as well there isnt actually any contact bewteen our cars yet yours behaves like there is,i have no problems with waiting when i cause any accidents,ive had to do it in previous events,but i have to have some kind of clue as to there even being any incident,there was another moment later in the race when i put a pass on someone at the second to last turn,i again was in good postition lining up the pass,and fairly claimed the turn getting in nice and tight,but when i leave the exit i see the other car in trouble spinning....i can not see at all how i was the cause of that,final part of the race was fun trying to chase Rob G but he was going good pace.
Race 2 arrived at the exit part of T1 and a car was almost parked mid turn,i managed to somehow anchor up enough to not touch them but then i got tapped in the back putting me off track and down the order a bit,enjoyed a long race of much battles getting up to 3rd and closing Yves a bit,but he responded well and was never under threat from me.
Many Thanks Andrew and RD :good:.

actually Gary I was more thinking about the rule that you shouldnt try hard turn ins with hard braking if you car nose and half car isnt passed mine, as far as I can remember from the replay, your car was behind mine when I started to brake in the brake zone, if you would take it more easy we could have gotten out there fair and clean and maybe have some fair fights over the laps.

Im not so mad now, but you guys must understand that when I sign up like 4-5-6 days before the vent, and practice the whole week to make a setup, and then go through this, I get mad. I know that this isnt what anybody here wants.

and for you Igor, your accident was a little bit more harsh than Gary's, even tho I believe if we did get past there clean we could also have some cool fair fights over the laps. But I'll see what I can get sorted out here from the race.

Cheers

• Andrew Evans

yea, the top table was just for round 4... the bottom table is for the whole season up to this point... people who missed rounds would have got a 3 min penalty per episode... so joining halfway thru would put you down the table.... :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%