Resource icon

Misc All 2013 Driver Helmet Models and Template For Photoshop 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
ML, if i take Guina60's steps

"What I did was replace the file "highelmetcareer_driver.pssg" by another helmet, in my case "highelmetfernando_alonso.pssg" and rename to "highelmetcareer_driver.pssg".

the files are in f12013 \ characters \ models \ 2013"

can i use the schuberth shape in cutscenes in carreer mode ???

thanks for all the help by the way man really aprecciated !

Can't say I have ever tried it, so am not too sure how it would work out. In theory it should work.

The helmets used in the cutscene are slightly different from memory....I know the hans device anchors are in two different places. In the cutscene they are located where the previous games helmet had them located, and whilst in car they are further forward. So not sure if the helmets in the cutscene are the same ones as you are wanting to change.

• Deleted member 161052

Nope....it just opens as a 3D model.

I take it you have the extended version of PS, as the non extended version doesn't support 3D models.
Okay, I see. With your car models (both modern and classic) they work fine but won't rotate good.

Why exactly is it that i cant ...? the textures are almost identical
The uv layout on the 2014 helmet is slightly wider, which means you'd end up with a gap running down the back of the helmet design. Plus the model is slightly different and mapped different, which also means designs and text may become distorted or warped if using a 2013 design on a 2014 helmet. Almost the same is enough for it to be very very different.

0EFfYo.jpg

The uv layout on the 2014 helmet is slightly wider, which means you'd end up with a gap running down the back of the helmet design. Plus the model is slightly different and mapped different, which also means designs and text may become distorted or warped if using a 2013 design on a 2014 helmet. Almost the same is enough for it to be very very different.
Nice with an example also. Someone in the thread said i could extract the 2014 model with Photoshop :S ?

You can't extract models from games with Photoshop. Helmet models in particular are a little bit more in depth than that.

Nothing I will be doing, you need to own the game for starters, something I have no intention of doing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%