Resource icon

Misc All 2013 Driver Helmet Models and Template For Photoshop 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
ML2166 submitted a new resource:

All 2013 Driver Helmet Models and Template For Photoshop. - Help for helmet skinning.

Before you start, Please read below very carefully.

a2fo.jpg

Okay as we all know, the drivers are using specific helmet models in this years game.

I have put in many many hours putting this together mainly due to the fact that everything had to be re-mapped by hand so the textures would work correctly.

Still reading??? Good!

I have seperated all the models in the download folder.

Stage 1...

Read more about this resource...

I must also state....the visor wind deflectors are mot present in the final model for Keyshot.

These were just too time consuming to map manually.

So I left them out....they are automatically taken from the skin in game anyway, so it shouldn't have an impact on the skinning side of things.

My advice, if in doubt.....look at the original texture file for guidance.

Cars next!

:)

Although I do warn you in advance, there will be no wireframes for the cars.

Due to CM's mirroring technique this year....the wireframes are really really messed up and not usable at all.

Cars next!

Due to CM's mirroring technique this year....the wireframes are really really messed up and not usable at all.
Which means we won't really see any custom skins at all . Only minor changes like color or logo changes in some cars, but other than that it's impossible. Now i no wonder why you said that this year's game will be the same as last year if not worse. I should return back to the last year modding as that game was very open for skinning processes :). Although only after i release the Sauber and some garages too.

I will try to get the cars up sometime this week.

I do want a breather though, put literally 100's of hours into these.

I also do not see myself doing much in the way of cars for this title due to the model restrictions.

I may redo the standard cars in DHD for release and I may do some helmets later, but for now I have no plans to produce anything of any note in the long run.

Wow! Incredible work ML!!

Just to clarify, this allows us to use the GP mode helmets of the real drivers in career and TT mode? Obviously custom paint jobs, but the physical helmets themselves?

Wow! Incredible work ML!!

Just to clarify, this allows us to use the GP mode helmets of the real drivers in career and TT mode? Obviously custom paint jobs, but the physical helmets themselves?
No.

These are just to aid painting the helmets, not to change the particular models around.

That cannot be done as yet.

Cars next!

ML, I know we discussed this before but, are you planning to do a model for the Lotus 100T?

Thing is, I have done too much work for the 1988 McLaren mod to just give up now. At least if we had the model, looking at the textures in real time would be a big help!.

thanks for the model...but for a complete 3d noob...what do I do? I loaded up the file in photoshop...can see the model...now what can I do? Can I start drawing on the helmet model? all layers and typical photoshop tools work? How do I unwrap the texture and then transfer to game?

EDIT: Found a great tutorial:

btw... can we atleast choose the winged helmet for player? or are we relegated to the plain helmet for player helmets?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back