AlfredoR vs Patrick Giranthon

Msportdan

@Simberia
I'm a fan of Patrick's exquisite results, but I wonder: why don't both join the efforts and work together so to 1. not to work twice on the same track, and 2. speed up the pace of tracks available? Better work together then to compete for this matter, no?

I think comparing modders, in all politeness, is a little bit disrespectful. They all do it for a love of sim racing and whichever sim they make games for and do it to the best of their ability, and to be told oh someone else is better than you isn't the most polite thing. It doesn't need to be a popularity contest.

That said absolutely trying to get people to talk to each other and share knowledge is a great idea, if they can learn how to do things better, all is great, especially explaining cool ways they may have learned to make things look better ;)

Looking back yes I agree this could look a little disrespectful, although my intentions were not that, I am sincerely sorry.

Please if this really does not serve any purpose other than shame, please remove this thread. :(

dan

Looking back yes I agree this could look a little disrespectful, although my intentions were not that, I am sincerely sorry.

Please if this really does not serve any purpose other than shame, please remove this thread. :(

dan

Oh I wasn't for a moment saying the intentions were bad, I was more just pointing it out. That said making a big sing and dance that you like their work is I'm sure really welcome ;) :D

The main reason i did this thread is to find out what tracks are mostly used. I dont want the reiza physics spoilt (if they can be) by modded content. I love GSC for its physics and feel, thats why i play it over most other sims atm.

Im sure reiza wont spill its secrets, but how much can a mod be different from reiza tracks.

I know what i want to say but having trouble explaining. I think its OCD lol.. Its like seeking perfection all the time, can get tad soul destroying.

It's alright Dan no harm done. I think it's safe to assume that any mod's released are done to the best of that person's or teams ability, good or not so good it certainly is not for the money.

I can tell by some of your posts OCD might be to blame ;), I am a sufferer too. Always thinking there may be a way to slightly improve something. I do wonder if PC gaming & modding are perhaps the best hobby for OCD type personalities on the one hand it can help you to achieve some good results on the other hand you spend most of your gaming time tweaking and testing settings as the possibilities are endless, just when you have everything set you then come on a forum and read a totally different way to go about something.

That's when a beer can actually help.

Lazarou, your totally just explained how i feel, and am embarressed to admit, it.. I think its why i get into so many forum arguments.

How many times ive gone from sim to sim, thinking are this is the best one its the most realistic blah blah. Then to read someone like "spinelli" who knows his stuff, wont knock that, tell you different.

I spent 3 hours with gsce last night, 2 hours and 45 mins tweaking gfx, 15mins having fun with minis. its quite annoying to feel/be like this.

Thanks for your understanding. I know most people see msportdan and say oh here he goes on a rant or moaning. Nice to have a thoughtful post.

Last edited:
It's alright mate happens to the best of us. I do charge by the hour for therapy though.

As for settings in games etc, believe me I know it is hard but if I remember rightly you have a very decent GFX card so I am sure even without all the tweaks your sim's will look pretty decent. Once I have a setting I try to stick with it, although Nvidia's DSR did tease me for a bit. The most important thing to remember is if your happy with the settings then it's probably best to stick with them (have to remember my own advice!).

As that famous philosopher Rihanna once said 'shut up and drive'.

your right mate..

DSR teased me too..

I take it supersampling or dsr doesnt goes well with the dust the cars kick up. I get huge drops with the dust otherwise i can run 60fps at 8x ss ...

anyway theres another thread for that.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing