Alfa Romeo vs Lotus Cortina @ Sachsenring - Thursday 29th January 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
9153d1232996468-race-night-flyer-thread-alfacortflyer.jpg

OK GTL-ers, we've had the Full Class events, to familiarise you with some of the cars and the scope of what . We'll be having some single make or specifically matched racing for a while now, covering ALL classes.

We are starting with a GTL TC65 Classic - Alfa Romeo vs Lotus Cortina.

Car Selection Rules
You are free to pick either vehicle for Race1, but must change to the other car for Race2. Please try and keep Race1 (and therefore Race2) nicely mixed, so look at what the person(s) above you have picked and then make your selection with that in mind

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Password: click here

Class: TC65 (Please note car selection rules above)
Track: Sachsenring
Track Download: Click Here

Weather: Dry

Practice: 19.30 GMT - 30 mins
Qualification: 20.00 GMT - 20 mins
Race: 20.20 GMT - 2 x 12 laps (Exit the server after Race1 and change to the other vehicle Race2)
Skinpack: No skinpack for this event. Default skins only.

Notes:

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:
  1. Andrew Evans - 1.Lotus Cortina 2.Alfa GTA
  2. Amir Margalit - 1.Lotus Cortina 2.Alfa GTA
  3. Hans Sneep - 1.Alfa GTA 2.Lotus Cortina
  4. Marty Pierce - 1.Alfa GTA 2.Lotus Cortina
  5. Piotr Misiorek - 1.Alfa GTA 2.Lotus Cortina
  6. Warren Dawes - 1. Lotus Cortina 2. Alfa GTA
  7. Stephane Dejoux - 1. Lotus Cortina 2. Alfa GTA
  8. Amir Margalit - 1. Lotus Cortina 2. Alfa GTA
  9. David Cuthill - 1. Alfa GTA 2. Lotus Cortina
  10. Gary Lennon - 1.Alfa GTA 2. Lotus Cortina
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Reserves:
  1. Matt Crouch - 1. Alfa GTA 2.Lotus Cortina
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver

• Andrew Evans

hup hup hup... what's going on here then?

i'll have a lotus for main course and the alfa to finish, my good man....

Errr....I didn't send an email. Is that all behind the curtains magic going on? :D

Didn't think there was premium & trial any more, but either way, it's a Racing Club Members event.

I got prompted to give it a prefix or it wouldn't let me post - possibly that's where it went a bit skew-whiff. I erred on the side of Trial as people who maybe hadn't noticed didn't see a "Premium" event and not sign up.

Sorry if the new kids first go has gone the shape of a pear. :D

LOL, no problems mate. Yes I suppose it's a bit of "don't look behind the curtain" stuff. :)

The system automatically generates an email to me so that I can keep the site racing calendar updated. No worries. I check the entry each time so whatever it says when I get to the event page, I usually take what I see as confirmation. :)

Alfa/Cortina

This track isn't very well-known so I've made little on-board preview, so you can see how it looks, it has some fun, tricky corners :dance2:
In Alfa you can expect times around 1.47-48 :)

[media]http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=3qbhc-CTN10[/media]

Track hint:67 version from DerDumeklemmer(downside,8.751 Km long)

Not this time round, Hans, but I downloaded both the Sachsenrings as I wasn't sure initiallyeither, but after testing it out, it's safe to say that the 67 version will definitely get an airing at some stage, with some cars that befit it's length.

In fact there are quite a few superb GPL (and therefore 67 version) tracks out there for GTL, so watch this space :good:

Kris - if the balance had gone hugely one way or the other, I would have stepped in, but as it stands, it's a 5 / 5 split (including Steve in the reserves) with Amir not having made his decision yet, so there is no real need - once again the GTL world's more gentlemanly heads show how it should be done. :good:

• Ollie Flint

Not this time round, Hans, but I downloaded both the Sachsenrings as I wasn't sure initiallyeither, but after testing it out, it's safe to say that the 67 version will definitely get an airing at some stage, with some cars that befit it's length.

In fact there are quite a few superb GPL (and therefore 67 version) tracks out there for GTL, so watch this space :good:

Lookin forward to some Cobra vs. Corvette races :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 275 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 184 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 185 10.3%
  • < 4 years