Alfa Romeo vs Lotus Cortina @ Sachsenring - Thursday 29th January 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
9153d1232996468-race-night-flyer-thread-alfacortflyer.jpg

OK GTL-ers, we've had the Full Class events, to familiarise you with some of the cars and the scope of what . We'll be having some single make or specifically matched racing for a while now, covering ALL classes.

We are starting with a GTL TC65 Classic - Alfa Romeo vs Lotus Cortina.

Car Selection Rules
You are free to pick either vehicle for Race1, but must change to the other car for Race2. Please try and keep Race1 (and therefore Race2) nicely mixed, so look at what the person(s) above you have picked and then make your selection with that in mind

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Password: click here

Class: TC65 (Please note car selection rules above)
Track: Sachsenring
Track Download: Click Here

Weather: Dry

Practice: 19.30 GMT - 30 mins
Qualification: 20.00 GMT - 20 mins
Race: 20.20 GMT - 2 x 12 laps (Exit the server after Race1 and change to the other vehicle Race2)
Skinpack: No skinpack for this event. Default skins only.

Notes:

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:
  1. Andrew Evans - 1.Lotus Cortina 2.Alfa GTA
  2. Amir Margalit - 1.Lotus Cortina 2.Alfa GTA
  3. Hans Sneep - 1.Alfa GTA 2.Lotus Cortina
  4. Marty Pierce - 1.Alfa GTA 2.Lotus Cortina
  5. Piotr Misiorek - 1.Alfa GTA 2.Lotus Cortina
  6. Warren Dawes - 1. Lotus Cortina 2. Alfa GTA
  7. Stephane Dejoux - 1. Lotus Cortina 2. Alfa GTA
  8. Amir Margalit - 1. Lotus Cortina 2. Alfa GTA
  9. David Cuthill - 1. Alfa GTA 2. Lotus Cortina
  10. Gary Lennon - 1.Alfa GTA 2. Lotus Cortina
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Reserves:
  1. Matt Crouch - 1. Alfa GTA 2.Lotus Cortina
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver

• Andrew Evans

okey dokey - just create a folder for it in your c:\program files\gtl\gamedata\locations\sachsenring and dump the contents in there :good:

• Andrew Evans

moc-moc-a-moc?

man... i have no gtl skill whatsoever... first race was bleh... but at least i finished... 2nd race i finally managed to fall down crouchers hole at the end of lap 1 - he'd been banging on about it all session....!

top-tip: never ever ever fall down crouchers hole!

still, i intend to persevere with these scrapheaps... roll on the next one... and chairs to thommo for his debut evento! :D

• Matt Crouch

Wrong hole Evans, don't know whose hole that was but it wasn't mine. Mine was in the middle of the track somewhere. Did have to lol a bit when I saw you behind me seemingly jumping back over the barrier though :p

First race was a good one, spent most of it just ahead of Warren expecting him to get past me at some point. When I did spin of my own accord he waited for me so we could continue. :) Thanks, made it a lot more fun :yo:.

Second race I picked up some damage on the second lap when I hit a wall, spent the rest of the race in auto pilot watching the gap ahead get bigger each lap.

Overall was quite a leisurely drive this evenage :) Thanks everyone :highfive:

Another fine event and a great track for these cars.

First race, off the grid in 3rd place in the Alfa. Had a few laps in the leading group of three until I put a tyre in the sand and lost some time. Still third and a few laps later I'm back in the sand and Amir gets past me with a 6 second lead. Only 5 laps to go so I'm pushing hard, gaining about a lap a second on Amir. At the end of the 11th lap I finally catch him on the big downhill. Braking hard at the bottom and I pull in too hard onto the curbs and spin the car. Bummer, as I was really looking forward to that last lap. Bring it home in 4th.

Second race and I'm off the grid in 5th with a good start that gets me past Amir and behind Garry. As you all probably saw, I then blew it at the start of lap 2 spinning onto the grass leaving me last, a long way behind and missing all the fun. Too big a gap to close up to those ahead so finished 5th.

'Till next time.

Lots of fun

Race 1 Qualified 2nd behind Piotr's amazing 1;47

Got a nice start into 1st. Felt the heat behind until Piotr passed me. Then I had David on my tail for a couple laps. Managed to get close a couple times to Piotr but he stayed in front til the end about 2 second ahead of me at finish. Grts Piotr

Race 2 Qualified 1st Was funny because at 3 minutes left my time was 1:55 and on my last lap of qual I pulled the 1:48 to get pole(lucky)

Start of race Piotr got by 1st lap and me and Gary were lined up behind. I braked a little earlly going into the turn off the big down hill and Gary touched me sending me into a spin. I went all the way around came out of it pointed the right way. Gary let me back through and we barely mangaged to stay in front of the group we had a gap on. No problem so I put in some good laps to close the gap to Piotr. I even had a 1:48 before getting to Piotr. Managed to catch Piotr around lap 8 and got by shortly after. Held on for the win. Great racing with Piotr Gary and David all day very clean . Everyone raced 1st class. Thanks Warren for the driving advice on the Cortina really helped me! Marty

great racing tonight:eat:. very fair and clean
. the first race was a bit boring for me and i ended up in 3rd place with no drama.
the second race was a diffrent story. had a great fight with warren who was racing with gary for 3rd spot. the fight was all the way to the end. many clean passes between us:sinister:. at some point gary lost it and warren and i tried to avoid his spinning car from both sides.that was funny.after aviding gary's spining lotus i passed warren and thougt that this time i will get my revange for the last race in which warren passed me on the last corner.
again it was a close fight and again in the corner before last i out braked my self and warren passed me to take 3rd.
thank you all for a great race grats to the winner.
can someone upload a replay?

More good fun in GTL. Big thanks to Piotr for the track and car suggestion, they were nicely matched.
I think I should rename this event as "dodge Gary slalom" :laugh2: Gary kept looking for the ultimate edge of sliding, and he found it a few times too, or was that just past the edge? :quiet:

Race 1, in the Cortina, and really enjoyed sliding it round the bends, not all that fast but lots a fun. I managed to get caught up in one of Gary's super slides early, as he slid across track he managed to take me with him. :). That turned out great, because I then had a great time battling with Matt, but just couldn't quite pass him. Unfortunately, he ended up spinning at "Gary's corner", so I waited for him so we could continue this great scrap. Nope, still couldn't pass him but had fun trying to keep up.

Race 2. Another great time, this time racing with Gary and Amir. Had to dodge Gary a couple of times as he was still looking to see how far he could hang the tail of his "tina", but he eventually had one too many and left the battle to Amir and I. Huge battle that went to the wire yet again, but I managed to bring back his nightmare finish from Watkins. This time he pushed a tad too hard into the second last turn, went a bit sideways, giving me the gap to sneak past again. Great stuff again Amir, your turn next time. :clap:

Grats to Piotr and Marty for the wins, well deserved.
Thanks to all our loyal GTL fans, hope to see you all again next time.

It was not my evening good not manage this track ,first half of the track most of the time lost the car,second half of the track going alright bud was not able to set a fast time 1.54.xxx fore both of the cars,start at the and of the grid but good not keep up with the guys so it was a lonely race finished both race's on 7 spot.

But it was a nice event and the upcoming races looks very promising so new round and new chance.

See you all next time

Hans

The Alfa was appauling i thought,glad to retire early.
Tina was more familiar to me and seemed to go ok in race for a bit,then retired early again.
Sorry Marty,its like that wasnt me at all in those races tonight.
Thanks Stuart and RD .

Thanks Warren and Stuart for this event :)

In Alfa I feel pretty well so I managed to win race but Marty was pushing very hard and I could see him in my mirroe all the racer :)

In Cortina I wasn't so confident and some corners I was too slow, so when Marty recover from his early problem I have no answer and he has overtaken me for the lead after nice battle, again good job Marty :good:

I hope to see more people on the next GTL events :bye:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 305 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years