Alfa Romeo Tipo 33/3 @ Kyalami 75' - Thu 6th Sept 2012

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Alfa Romeo Tipo 33/3 ( Download )
Track: Kyalami 75' ( Download )

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 15 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 15 laps)

Note 1: Only default skins from the mod.
Note 2: Since the Simbin lobby is down we are still using the Altbierbude lobby. See here for information on how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito
  2. Ross McGregor
  3. Rupe Wilson
  4. Simon Bacon
  5. Rokas Charlapavicius
  6. Hans Sneep
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

First of all I want to apologize to Roland Warmenhoven for ramming him off in the second race :( It was circumstances playing their part but I know that's unacceptable.

Ok...Now about the races...

Race 1: Started from pole after Knut decided to use his "evil" tactics :cautious: (and they paid off eventually) and start from the back, so I was on pole. Unfortunately my race pace was no where near the race winning material. I was on the egde of my sofa defending like mad from Knut and everything was going...well not according to plan, but.... then I went slighly too deep into one of the corners and counter steered into the solo crash of the evening :D. I lost 40+ seconds there and that was it - a lonely 4th place.

Race 2: Less than .2 of a second down in qualifying, but it wasn't enough for second even, I was third. The start was reasonable, but I once again became a "Trulli roadblock". But compared to the first race I wasn't able to keep my rhythm at all. Once again I was side by side with people in a front-straight. And then in "The Kink" I used too much curb and got slightly loose. A slight correction and I though I saved it, well I did, but then I saw Roland flipping in the mirrors - a reason for my catch. Then just couldn't concentrate and dropped from 1st to 3rd and I thought "well, that's it" but then a guy in front of me spun (at the infamous "Kink" no wait.... before it) and I got up to second where I stayed to the finish.

All in all a poor evening and I'm really :mad: for the crash, but it's up from here. (Maybe I just need some vitamins).

Rokas

A great night of fun, these cars are just AWSOME . made even better with the fact my connection held up.. i got my old faithful out the box linksy wag160n it way better than my parents coal powered modem.. joys of moving back home :)

now for the racing,,,
was a bit off the pace when we first started practice, i was using a setup for another track and it was not good... i managed a full back flip on the main straight twice.. strange but true..it was set way to soft.. So with help from the Knut :notworthy: i was soon upto speed
and got a great feel for the car... and by the time qually had finished i was up the front ..(benefits of t/speak ) you should all come on even if you just say hello , i learn so much from Knut's pointers...
We set of in race 1 and Wow we were so close to start with but i soon had dropped a wheel in the grass and lost 3 second and it took me the next 8 laps to catch back up. the fact i was catching was a surprise to me :alien: .. but i made it in the end .And as soon as i got there Rokas had his little mistake and i shot by i was really hoping for a 3 way battle till the end (together we might of slowed Knut down a bit). i could also see Roland in the background slowly catching . Then there was 2 and struggled to keep pace with Knut on his own.. he just pulled away:cry: made me feel human again.. 2nd place was way more than id imagined.
But it was great fun and the car was just so good
( i want more of these races )
Race 2
Qually was real close with Knut starting from the rear. So as the race started we were of and running lap after lap real close .
first to drop was Roland :( then i got up the inside of Rokas into a corner and was driving for all i was worth.. only to see Knut drive of into the distance so i was determined to keep my self on the track... but as a came round the last corner Knut had already warned me to keep it tight as he'd spun.. i almost lost it in shock. This was my chance so i got my head down and drove as fast as i dare for a couple of laps and then tried to keep the gap constant... the laps rolled by with a few scary moments and i was soon on the last lap heading for a win
Believe me nobody was more surprised than me..
Great fun again ...
Thanks to Knut for a great event and all who raced .... see you all on track soon...:D

@Rokas Charlapavicius, don't worry about it, it was obvious that it was completely unintentional, and these things just happen. Only thing, according to RD Basic racing rules, one should pull over and wait up after an incident like this... ;)

It was a great night of fun, I enjoyed a really REALLY fast car a lot more than I thought I would, especially around here as Kyalami suited these cars really good! Excellent combo, Knut!:thumbsup:
And though my pace wasn't quite up there with the front guys during P1 and Q1 despite some really useful advice from Knut, and I was quite a bit too careful getting off the line in R1, I still managed to (barely) keep the top 3 guys in sight for the first half of the race, as they seemed to have a really close fight all along.. Imagine that in THESE cars!
Then after Rokas had an unfortunate crash, (but a SPECTACULAR sight though:D ) I inherited 3rd place and was slowly gaining on Rupe and Knut as they seemed to keep eachother busy all the time. Never came close, but I absolutely had a blast.

Q2 went better, and as I decided to go all-out and even lose all of the unneeded fuel, I even got myself on the front row, yes even on POLE!!! (as Knut decided to not go out again:))
Start was better, but not as good as Rokas' , and as he took the lead I followed him around. He seemed to struggle to get his tyres working, and I could easily keep up and even tried an overtake as I had Knut and Rupe hounding my tail. The overtake failed :laugh: and I spent the rest of the race trying to get the leading trio back into sight (failed as well:roflmao: !) with Hans behind me closing in slowly...

Both races were over before I knew:cry: , partly because this car is SO fast and partly because this car is SO much fun.
Pity that the numbers were low, but I'm confident Knut will grant all you guys a second chance on racing this beast some other time!

Thanks! to Knut for this one, Grats to Knut and Rupe for the wins, and thanks to all others for racing. CYA soon.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%