Alfa Romeo Racing Reveal 2019 Formula One Livery

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Alfa Romeo F1 2019 Car 3.jpg

The 2019 Alfa Romeo Formula One livery has been revealed in the Formula One pitlane at Barcelona today.

With pre-season testing beginning this morning at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Alfa Romeo have revealed their new 2019 Formula One challenger to the world media, giving first sight of the new colour scheme the former Sauber team will be running in the year ahead.

The new car already made its track debut last week, running in a special Valentines Day livery during a shakedown session at the Italian Fiorano circuit, however this morning is the first time the official team livery for the season ahead has been seen.

Kimi Räikkönen will perform driving duties today for the squad, before handing over to new team mate Giovinazzi on Tuesday.

Alfa Romeo F1 2019 Car 1.jpg
Alfa Romeo F1 2019 Car.jpg
Alfa Romeo F1 2019 Car 4.jpg

For more from the world of Formula One, head over to the RaceDepartment Formula One sub forum and join in with fellow fans of the top level of open wheel motorsport.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Is it a swiss or italian team? Why they keep the Switzerland logos on the rear wing?

Well the team are based around the remnants of the Sauber squad. So everything is still based in Switzerland.

The team is still Swiss. It's just racing under the branding of Alfa Romeo now.

Nice livery though. Would maybe like to see some more of the red and I wish on some cars they would make the pinstripes heavier and more bold but apart from that, very nice.

Well the team are based around the remnants of the Sauber squad. So everything is still based in Switzerland.

Nice livery though. Would maybe like to see some more of the red and I wish on some cars they would make the pinstripes heavier and more bold but apart from that, very nice.
"The Sauber name will disappear from the Formula One grid this season after the Swiss-based team announced on Friday it had been renamed Alfa Romeo Racing as part of an extended sponsorship deal."
https://www.timeslive.co.za/motorin...er-f1-team-changes-name-to-alfa-romeo-racing/

And the statistics (points, podiums, victories...) will they belong to Sauber or Alfa Romeo?
Strange situation, reminds me of the BMW period...

and: gone is that weird front wing from the testing day, poor little thing, couldn't survive in fresh air ...

edit. if i see the footage of kimi stuck in the gravel on his first lap today correctly, the tiny wing was in barca as well, or is it just a perspective issue?

Last edited:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 120 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%