Alfa Romeo Racing Hits the Track

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Alfa Romeo Racing 1.jpg

The new Alfa Romeo Racing Formula One car has hit the track today, with Kimi Räikkönen shaking down the new machine during a private Fiorano 'filming day' run in Italy.

Entrusting the car to new signing Kimi Räikkönen, the 2007 World Champion took to the Italian Fiorano circuit for limited amount of running in the first fully fledge Alfa Romeo Racing Formula One car, also sporting a special and rather pretty Valentines Day livery design in honour of the popular celebration of love.

Now under the ownership and management of Alfa Romeo, retiring the Sauber name to the Formula One history books, the still Swiss based team becomes the fourth squad to hit the track ahead of pre-season testing on Monday - joining Mercedes, Red Bull and Toro Rosso in having shaken down their new machines.

Alfa Romeo Racing 3.jpg
Alfa Romeo Racing 2.jpg

To check out when the next cars are set to be revealed, and how to watch it all unfold live, check out THIS LINK.

For more from the world of Formula One, head over to the RaceDepartment Formula One sub forum and join in with fellow fans of the top level of open wheel motorsport.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

dont think so, looks like one of these camouflage thingys. i don't think the front splitter will be seen on the finished car either, if I am not mistaken this is just a shakedown to see if it actually is able to roll once round the track, so speed would not be important.
"“The focus of our work today was on aerodynamic, set-up and cooling checks." says the official statement and that splitter looks like a device to allow as much air as possible to hit the parts of the car a bit further down, probably to get some data. i may be totally and utterly wrong, though, not an engineer and not a physicist either :)

Look at those long consoles of mirrors, and the hole on the nose which is similar to Red Bull cars.
I still don't now the reason of that "square" on top-front of the car...

Look at those long consoles of mirrors, and the hole on the nose which is similar to Red Bull cars.
I still don't now the reason of that "square" on top-front of the car...
Air will pass through bottom to top of the nose giving them extra downforce and moving air to top main duct...so, max downforce when running solo, less downforce and more speed while behind another car (since there will be less air entering from nose) :whistling:
The real interesting part is how they cut the 4 "blades" of the front wing...

I find this the better looking one on the grid... Excluding the Red Bull's one off. I dont really care if people go for or against history in terms of liveries so I actually like this one.

I guess I am just a odd type of person since the weird/different liveries that others dislike or hate I like or love!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 323 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.3%