Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Alfa Romeo GTam (Download)
Track: Spa Francorchamps GP

Practice start time: GMT 20.00
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (8 laps)
---------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (5 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.05 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.15 (8 laps)

Note1: You must install DucFreaks GTA sounds (Download)
Note2: Skins that come with the Mod Only

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

I will definitely be able to restart it when I get home tonight, about an hour before the event, so please practice offline for now. We've driven Spa often enough that it won't be a shock, and three of us got on there no problems on Tuesday, so installation is a doddle.

Awesome combo, good fun.

Mini pile-up at the start of race 1, not sure what happened up front, apologies to whoever I hit. Had minor damage after that, steering wheel to one side.
Spent most of the race behind Philip. Was slightly faster, but I can't pass, and I was finding the hunt more enjoyable anyway. Really close racing at times, almost contact free, was nice.

Race 2 started okay, got up to 6th from last.
Got close behind Hans, but then either he or I had a huge lag spike. He stopped dead on the track, and I drove through him, had to brake and see if I hit him or what. Luckily, he was still ahead, his ping was about 17000 :eek:
Stuart caught up. I braked much too late, spun out, Stuart disappeared.
Came back behind Roland and Philip, so it was almost a reprise of race 1. Not sure what happened to Philip, but he braked much too early for Les Combes, I was close to hitting him, and then he let me pass. I was like WTH, so I tried to let him pass back, but he slowed down behind. Then Jack got very close behind us, so I floored it.

Anyway, really nice cars to drive, had a great time. Thanks to Stuart, and all who showed up. Hope to see you all on Tuesday.

Well that was another cracker in the long line of great GTL club races.

Had to take a call in first qualifying and started from the back. But I had a lovely race trying to climb that slippery ladder. Great racing from all I encountered and I thoroughly enjoyed the GTAm. Very impressive mod and really nice on the limit. I could even drift it across the kerb, which normally ends badly :
gtam1.jpg

In the second race I was able to qualify fourth. Had a decent start and was able to hang on to Dmytro, Bob and Eck. I managed to pass Eck at one point, but I was really punching above my weight and he regained 3rd shortly after. It was immense fun to push the GTAm to the limit (and beyond) and enjoyed everything about the car. I could definitely improve on my makeshift setup, but even with a quite oversteery setup it was really controllable and friendly. Really looking forward to drive it again.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks Stuart for a great event and thanks to all the goodfellas that showed up.

One of those nights, but still had fun!

Race 1...Was thinking about the ham and cheese sandwiches in the next room as I realized the race was about to start!!! Popped in just in time to hear someone say "false start," forgot to select a gear, and messed up everyone behind, sorry Hans, Knut etc. Once I got going pulled over to let the rest go by, and then started down to eau rouge. Made up a few places on the first lap and then settled into 10th with Senad behind me, We had a great scrap and we still managed to make up a few places. Eventully we drifted up behind Jack, but with only a few laps to go I pushed a bit too hard and fell off the track going down the hill through the long left hander. Nice driving Senad, I know you where pushing to get by so I just tried to hold my line, good fun...

Race 2. Better quali this time for 6th behind Warren. Had a good start, ( used the middle gear ratio) and slid up the inside of Warren into Eau Rouges. Followed the lead pack up the hill to Les Combs, but under heavy braking accidentally downshifted to 2nd, the back end jumped out and Warren took the position back as we bumped going through the right/left. All good Warren. I was a little perturbed at my mistake and so once again thew it off the track going down the hill to the little hairpin and damaged the front left suspension. After that, the car became too difficult to drive... especially under braking, did not want to risk an accident with Senad who was back in my " six" so eventually pulled over and then pitted for repairs.

Always enjoyed the Alphas, these where even better, thanks for the event Stuart and congratulations to the winners and podium!

Amazing times posted by the front runners. I was pushing as hard as I could (dared) but was afraid to press it too much for fear of diaster.( Eck's setup was a great help) :) A couple corners I think had sticky spots because I kept slowing down in them but overall I managed to stay on track for the most part. Roland and I had a little mishap but perhaps partly due to my drifting back left across in tront of him as we approached the first chicane.
This track was a pleasure to drive with the Alfa GTAm, as most indicated online during race time.

Wd podiums, cheers to all drivers and another top pick Stu.

Good fun as usual.
I'm glad you guys couldn't see me racing today, sitting in front of the monitor in my pyjamas wearing a back brace support that looked like a ladies girdle.:eek: I'll leave you with that image now, while I do the rest of the report. :)

The good news was that my Internet connection held up ok. I made some changes that maybe helped.

I think this is a good car to drive, but for some reason I was fighting horrible understeer, so I suppose it needs some significant setup adjustment (or maybe my driving just doesn't suit the car). I tried some setup changes for Race 2, and only succeeded in making the understeer even worse whilst making the car more unstable.
Maybe if someone could post Eck's setup in the Setup Forum, I'd like to have a look (I can never get the on-line files to download in-game :().

Had some enjoyable racing in Race 1 with Roland and Jack for a while, but then we separated and it was a bit lonely.
Race 2 was looking like another lonely run after the leaders cleared out and those behind had some offs etc. However all that changed after about 4 laps when I spun exiting Les Coombes ?? (the one after the looooong straight). That put me into some closer racing for a while with Stuart, Hans, Senad, and Jack, and then Roland caught me over the last two laps to ensure we had a grandstand finish, nose to tail.

Grats to Eck and Bob for the wins, some very fast driving there.
Thanks to Stuart for the Event and to all who joined. It was a nice roll up too. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back