Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Assetto Corsa Sneak Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio.jpg

Marco Massarutto has revealed a first in game picture of the stunning Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio coming to Assetto Corsa very soon...

The Quadrifoglio was originally scheduled to form part of a new DLC offering from Kunos Simulazioni alongside several new cars and the legendary Laguna Seca racetrack over in America. However for reasons best known only to Kunos the pack received one or two unexpected delays, and as such the Italian developers have taken the awesome decision to throw out this new content for free! Yup you heard it right... FREE!

Set to feature the Giulia, Laguna Seca, the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale, Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, Lamborghini Huracan Performante, Maserati Quattroporte and Pagani Huayra BC, the 'Bonus Pack' DLC will be made available in short order, however no official release date has yet been confirmed.

Missed the first announcement? No worries, check out our initial feature article HERE.

Want to learn more about what goes on behind the scenes at Kunos Simulazioni and what is in store for this upcoming free update? Well we asked the man with the plan in Germany recently, find out what he had to say below:

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the upcoming new Assetto Corsa content? Like the look of the Alfa? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
More road cars, in "Your Racing Simulation", great :(
Well thanks god we have great mods like the Ginetta :D I think car driving/racing has a lot of variety and I love that, I for one love street cars! Last night i had a blast in a Porsche 718 Boxster S manual transmission at Silverstone in VR, so cool to powerslide it around the corners, then still in VR at Transfagarasan, super fun. I think Assetto Corsa is cool because it does cover both the racing and the driving.

• ronniej

Older interview, but laserscanned Laguna Seca:inlove: Thanks as always Kunos, its much appreciated. So....Where the ph#k is it Kunos?!! Lol, joking of course (sort of) but I will assume it's because your extremely busy with AC2 the boat simulator:sneaky:

*Give us a hint for Xmas:thumbsup:@kunos

That Giulia is neat, but nothing like the 33 Stradale... :cool:

I hope this is not the end of the road for AC. The ingame screen says "2010-2020" but I personally don't believe they will be supporting the game for that long.
The only support will be always the Community. Thanks to them, to you, we have had lot of tracks, cars, utility, improvements which have made this title great.
Kunos are the roots. Community are the branches.

This is certainly not your average 'Road Car'.
We checked out the top of the line Quadrifoglio when it appeared on the Australian market earlier this year, out-bloody-standing car and one which my partner is seriously lusting after!
I believe the intended market is the Mercedes - BMW performance sedan buyer, and Sophie certainly fits the buyer profile. More to the point, she can afford to buy one.
The Alfa engineers have retained the outstanding flair that they had back in the day.
:whistling:

Kunos - Let's release Laguna Seca for free with a couple bonus cars thrown in the mix, they can't possibly be bitter about it.
Esteemed Sim Racing community - *Hold my beer* Waaaaaaaaah road cars Waaaaaaaah

Never mind the fact that out of the 20 cars released in the previous 3 packs, 15 are race cars. Excellent. :laugh:

Damn, i didn't know you couldn't race road legal cars :/
In real life, you can take them to track days, but without at least a rollcage & fire extinguisher you'll be hard-pressed to find a race series to enter (at least that's true in the developed countries). And then you'll discover that race series expect to fit your car into a classification, likely where you'll need performance upgrades in order to be competitive. Thus "racing street cars in sims" is not the same as "racing in real life", not even remotely.

I prefer my sim racing experience to be more closely matched to reality than street cars pretending to be in a race that doesn't exist in real life.

Last edited:
Reactions: CC
In real life, you can take them to track days, but without at least a rollcage & fire extinguisher you'll be hard-pressed to find a race series to enter (at least that's true in the developed countries). And then you'll discover that race series expect to fit your car into a classification, likely where you'll need performance upgrades in order to be competitive. Thus "racing street cars in sims" is not the same as "racing in real life", not even remotely.

Nordschleife Touristenfahrten for example is a big thing in real life, and it is very well represented ingame. It's just awesome being able to go there with some buddies and hoon around the track. Also there are trackdays on various different circuits in the real world, a lof ot them are available ingame too, for example monza and vallelunga. And you got probably more race than streetcars ingame, so there is no need to complain, particularly not when it's free content

Have seen the Giulia on the road a few times, and it is actually much less conspicuous than I expect. People tend to miss it in the streets, but when they do notice the car it is hard for them to take their eyes off it (quite a few of my non-car-guy friends asked me what car it was when we saw a Giulia).
I saw a Giulia Quadrifoglo in Italy when I went to the Italian GP. It sounds AMAZING and looks just as stunning in real life.

I prefer my sim racing experience to be more closely matched to reality than street cars pretending to be in a race that doesn't exist in real life.
In where I live to be able to join any race series I need to drive a car to track days a lot (in my case my everyday road car), get promoted into Advanced group, and then apply for racing license. I don't see why it is not realistic to have road cars in a racing sim for track days - and there are many track day servers that are open to any MR rating players to simulate that which I think is great.

Does anyone know when the BMW M6 GT3 will be released? Wasnt there an announcement saying it would be released at the end of this year (so basically now :D )
It was said a couple months ago that Kunos had issues reaching licence agreement with BMW and the inclusion of M6GT3 was either suspended or cancelled unfortunately.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back