Cars Alfa Romeo 33 TT12 74' Race Car

PRESENTATION OF THE REAL CAR.

Brian Redman driving Alfa Romeo Tipo 33TT12 at the Nürburgring in 1974
The 33 TT 12 (Telaio Tubolare, tubular chassis) appeared in 1973 with the Carlo Chiti-designed 12 cylinder 3.0L flat engine (500 bhp). The 1973 season was more or less development time and in 1974 the car won at Monza 1000 km and finished the season with second place in the championship. It wasn’t until 1975 that, after years of trying, Alfa Romeo won the 1975 World Championship for Makes. The season was one of almost total domination with seven wins in eight races.,[1]Winning drivers were: Arturo Merzario, Vittorio Brambilla, Jacques Laffite, Henri Pescarolo, Derek Bell and Jochen Mass. For 1976 Autodelta was concentrating on other things and the car was rarely used in competitions.

REASONS FOR WHICH I STARTED THIS PROJECT.

Hello everyone, surely, some of you, will know me, for some of my sound mod, and for the "Verzegnis Sella Chianzutan" here on RD.

Now over the years, I've got to learn a little bit of everything.
From the creation, of a simple, livery, "skin".
To modify existing cars.
At the creation, of tracks.
And finally the sampling, and the creation of real sounds.

Now I asked myself, why not try the creation of a car from 0?

And here we are, with my first project, absolutely. Another challenge, especially for myself.

I do not know how, when, why, this thing, will succeed.

So needless to ask me when, and if it will be available!

I will keep updating this thread, with news and images.

So now I leave you, some screen, of 3D max, with current progress.

REAL CAR PHOTO

15d74n5.jpg

74-Alfa-FIA_Prototype-num1-DV-10-MH_03.jpg

14CF.H11.jpg

MY 3D MODEL PHOTO

Cattura.JPG

Cattura3.JPG

Cattura1.JPG

Cattura2.JPG

That's a very interesting car to choose, I wish you all the luck with your first car and the learning process. Maybe one day we'll see something great in the download section :)

I've actually found out about this car few days ago. I was looking on the net for some old Alfa tipo 33 prototypes that could maybe appear in PC3 if SMS gets the Alfa license, and stumbled upon it. My reaction was like "this car looks amazing" and today I see wip for AC by you. Gotta admire how universe works sometimes. Will follow the progress closely :thumbsup:

This style of body from the 70s and early 80s (true as well for the Porsche 936) makes the car look so very big around the small looking driver but the cars themselves are actually surprisingly small when sitting next to a contemporary small road car. This always caught me by surprise.

Hi Jimi!
Yes I resumed work on it, but unfortunately, I had to start all over again!
As I wrote, and I said at the beginning, it will take a lot of patience before seeing it move in AC.
I hope to release by the end of this year! I also have to find out who will take care of the physics, I can do everything but that!

That's a shame that you had to start anew but I'm glad to hear that you're working on it, for the physics you could ask Pessio who made the Maserati Tipo 61, which I think has very good physics or somebody from the bigger teams. Keep up the good work!

More progress, and these will be the last for now!
But at least, more or less, I caught up with the old project! :thumbsup:
For the next 7-10 days, you will not see any other updates! I will go camping for these last days of vacation. :)
I hope to be able to reset myself, and come back with a clear mind and above all rested! So to be ready, to continue this project in the best way! :cool:
Hello everyone, and good holidays! ;)

Cattura.JPG

Hi everyone guys!
Unfortunately I had to return earlier than expected!
But all in all I relaxed enough! In fact this allowed me to get back on the model, with more grit than before!

As you can see from the next screens, I worked hard and made a lot of progress over the last 2 days!

Now I think I'll finish the outside of the car, it's not too long, we should be almost there!

Then I think I'll stop again for a while.

Updates regarding physics;
I contacted, in my opinion, one of the best modders, as far as physics is concerned, that I know. We will see, if he is interested, and willing to work on it.

Cattura.JPG

front.JPG

4.JPG

rear.JPG

lf.JPG

lr.JPG

Last edited:
Ok, I think we came to one of the most difficult points to deal with in this car.
It will really be a mess, and I don't think I still have the necessary skills, to create all the merchandise, that the lady hides under the miniskirt ...
I will try to create just the indispensable, which can be glimpsed from behind, (this will be a big mess anyway and it will really take a long time to do something close to reality.)
Unfortunately I hate doing things by eye, I'm used to it but it still bothers me!

Another thing that worries me is the cockpit, it won't be easy to create it at all.

I hope to succeed in concluding something good.

Cattura.JPG

87504x.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 283 27.5%