RACE 07 Setups

Any tweaking of it would be appreciatted. I is pretty good but not great. I don't know much about the differential setup and wing, also tire pressure was a problem but I think it is worked out.
Thanks,
William

Attachments

• Seat_leon_istan_wy.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 664
Hi m8,

I tried your setup, i made with this almost immediately 2:04.8, it is not bad at all, adjusted quite good to the characteristics for the track, however i think this setup would kill the tyres quite quickly.

I modified it slightly, which i think would give better tyre wear, plus a little bit faster as well for me, i made 2:03.8 with this within few laps, even 2:03.5 is very possible, since i had a lap where i was up -0,3 after first sector. All this in normal pracitse mode, so just as it would be on-line as well.

Hope it helps a bit.

Cheers: Atti

Attachments

• Seat_leon_istan_wy_mod.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 730
Hi m8,

I tried your setup, i made with this almost immediately 2:04.8, it is not bad at all, adjusted quite good to the characteristics for the track, however i think this setup would kill the tyres quite quickly.

Cheers: Atti

Thanks Atti, I new it wasn't quite right, I will have to see what you changed so I can learn what wears tires and what doesn't. Now if I could just drive like you everything would be perfect. :)
Thanks again for taking the time,
William

Nice, i tried this out on Istanbul, i'm still learning this awesome track, but i managed to knock 3 seconds off my time on the very first lap with this setup. after 3 laps i had the back end overtaking the front on braking in adverse cambers (because this setup is for the flatter monza circuit), so im taking the brake distribution 0.5 point to the rear. Although i Race Alpha all the time, and tried to tweak it to my style, ive not found anything to be consistant and fast at the same time. so i go for consistant for the finish. this setup is a bit more on the edge but remains controllable with a little care. Well done Bram. and thanks for sharing :)

lol, hmm where you last put it.
please stop teasing :rolleyes:, im really struggling with this Alpha, i really would like to be more competitive in it as i really like the looks. The thing is, i just been trying other cars as an alternative, and i found im up to 1 second faster in a Lacetti or a Leon :( and thats on the first lap i try with a Sim Bim setup :mad:
you think i should just drive 1 of those instead?:confused: given the fact ive been trying weeks solid to get the right Alpha setup but cannot find anything fast.:o I see some time attack laps for Alpha, comparable to Lacetti, BMW and Leon, but i cannot see how its possible in an Alpha. Speed bug maybe? :confused:

For Gareth :D

If this version doesnt fit try setting the Diff at 40/40/1 or 40/40/4. Try adjusting the brakebias as much as possible to the rear. If you can drive it 50/50 you are quicker!

Attachments

• BH_Alfa_Istanbul.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 495
:D ah Bram, thanks dude. I will try this one out, i liked that Monza one, been testing further and does seem to fit my driving style, so i hope this will too. Also going to take a look into you choices you make between the track type to see if i can make good ones for other tracks :).

Mucho appreciated, i hope i can get this slippery car competitive :), Maybe i should have a logo 'Hengeveld Race Tuning' on my custom race car , give credit where its due.

im doing about an hour in each car round instanbul, and when i make a time faster than a sim bin setup on lacetti, i'll tweak the lacetti, beat the alpha time, then try again. i still got a few seconds to make before the number 1 spot on the lap downloads.
toe in advice seems to be working, quite surprised how much coast diff came on your setup (70%) i was running 40%/50%/5 on my setups which i found a good general setting. yours does seem good though. my anti roll bar i was running was very close to yours, switching to yours i noticed very slight gain.
i noticed something though, i seem to drive the alpha better when it has a few laps of fuel in. strange that, maybe it affects the balance to rear?.
tried 50/50 brakes, seems good, will need to test that on a 12 lap race tho, see what the wear is like, im locking 1 rear all the time. i did run R30/F70 before, because the tail was coming round as im a really late braker, in fact im normally enterring fastest i can and braking right into the apex for nearly all turns, or im braking very early for a fast exit to a straight. thats why im concerned about the rear wear. just in case the side that isnt locking doesnt have grip after a few laps.

update: grrr, i jump in lacetti, 6 laps of consistent 0.500 second improvements until ... 1.2 seconds faster than my alpha,... this aint fair :( i stop driving the lacetti for a moment to save the alphas face. in the alpha each lap my times all seem to be within a very consistent 0.01 seconds of each other, im just not finding those whole seconds and not improving anymore!. The setup you gave out Bram is a little better than mine tho, managed about half a second faster consistently. that lacetti seems to just stick to the road like glue in comparison, and i aint even tweaked it yet.

Gareth try this one.

I managed mid 205's in it numerous laps. (which is fast for me) and am often getting quicker split times but then make a mistake. I have my steering lock at 17, you may need to change that.
I couldn't drive Bram's very well but that is just me i am sure. For me it felt like a lot of understeer, Also that time is in normal qualy's online, I haven't tried it yet in time attack.
OOPS, spelled alfa wrong in my title, Oh well what next.

Attachments

• By_alpha_istan.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 281
Thanks Will

:thumb: 2.05 is what im aiming for, my best i think was 2.06.577 in lacetti, and 2.07.455 in Alpha on Brams setup.
Also when i was playing around in BMW i find im getting faster with that and found a new line into turn 1 that cuts around a half second off, trouble is i keep crashing the BM, so is not worth me racing that hehe.

thank again Will. :D trying it out now...

btw nice mountain bike picture i do that too :) was in downhill southern champs many years ago :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 13.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 211 14.4%