Alfa Junior Sprint / Feature @ Virginia - Thu 16th Sept

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Alfa Romeo GTA 1300 Junior (Download HERE)
Track: Virginia South (sprint) / Virginia North (feature)
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 16 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: 1 pit stop is mandatory in the Feature Race - minimum 2 tyres must be changed. Please read Warren's pit stop tutorial here for tips on a smooth and error free pit stop.
Note3: Default skins that come with the mod only
Note4: This is a NON Ranking Points event.

Sprint track
28910d1284111869-alfa-junior-sprint-feature-virginia-thu-16th-sept-virs.jpg

Feature track
28911d1284111869-alfa-junior-sprint-feature-virginia-thu-16th-sept-virn.jpg

Attachments

• virs.jpg
    virs.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 360
  • virn.jpg
    virn.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 379
Sorry mate driving in the STC @ Spa. Shame as this mod & track combo is going to be great. See's ya next time......

Hold the front page; there is a chance I might not have to race in the STC so if not I will defo show up for this if you'll have me of course!

I got an issue: When I enter the pits at Virgina the man who points to the line only appears for a millisecond and then disappears. I don't know where to stop! I tried to guess where to stop but it didn't work out lol.

Hmmmnnnn!!! I just tested it on the Server, and I get the same thing at Virginia South. The pitstops don't seem to work there. I tried numerous spots to stop, trying to guess where he might be pointing but never could get the pitboard to show.

However, it does work ok at Virginia North which is the one where the pitstop is required.

Lets hope nobody needs the pits for Race 1.

@ Kris - No that is correct.

Race 1 is on the "short track" over 16 laps, Race 2 is on the "long" track, also over 16 laps.

The North track lap times are about 30 or so sec longer than the South, which adds 8 minutes (approx) to the second race, making it that much longer and able to be the "Feature" race.

However, please see below:

@ Warren / Hassan - The pitstop thing for the short track - I'm sorry about that - I never encountered it, and only tested the "North" track to see if that worked.

If it bothers people that much, we can easily switch to doing the 2 longer versions of the track (North & Full) and drop the race lengths to 14 laps. That would mean a working pits for both races and include portions of the track you already know if you've practised.

Please let me know asap.

@ Warren / Hassan - The pitstop thing for the short track - I'm sorry about that - I never encountered it, and only tested the "North" track to see if that worked.

If it bothers people that much, we can easily switch to doing the 2 longer versions of the track (North & Full) and drop the race lengths to 14 laps. That would mean a working pits for both races and include portions of the track you already know if you've practised.

Please let me know asap.

From my viewpoint, I'm happy to leave things as planned. I prefer to see both tracks used for more interest.
The chances of anyone needing a pitstop in Race 1 is very small, and if someone wrecks their car, that race would basically be ended anyway.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 135 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 514 39.0%