AC Alfa GTA @ Vallelunga Classic - Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Allan, watchng Chris's video of VR and seeing the setup you and Brandon have I realize now that I'm just not going to be able to race as close as I would like. I watched the replay of what happened with you, Pete and myself and if I had a better setup I could have realized just where you were. Should have just held station. I'm learning, but unfortunately not fast enough. Thanks again for the great battle.

Do you use Helicorsa? It's a great tool to help you know if someone's around you, it lights up yellow/red if a car is near so you don't even really have to take your eyes off the road. The Crew Chief app is great for this too, he will tell you if a car is beside you and what side they're on. :thumbsup:

Do you use Helicorsa? It's a great tool to help you know if someone's around you, it lights up yellow/red if a car is near so you don't even really have to take your eyes off the road. The Crew Chief app is great for this too, he will tell you if a car is beside you and what side they're on. :thumbsup:
I use Helicorsa and the red arrows, but I'm afraid my concentration is so intense at these critical moments that I don't notice it. I may have to start using crew chief, but as you know I'm a talker and I like hearing what you guys have to say. I miss a bunch in the race because of the engine noise of other cars (turned up to hear because of my lack of visibility). Be a shame if I had to shut my mouth wouldn't it.....NOT:D:D:D:D
Anywho, thanks for the advice. Guess I'll just back off

@f1wheelnut, were only messing m8,ur well fast enough;);),i cant find chris,s vid in VR????,anybody??
I appreciate the compliment. I would also like to be safe and consistent which obviously I am not:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Seriously though, if you're to my left, with my fov I can see you just fine. It's just to the right. I think triple screens would be a very beneficial tool for what we do.
@Chris James is it easy for you to glance right with the VR and not screw your braking up too bad? I have a head tracker, but it can cause stuttering problems from time to time, plus I use a headset so it all would just get discombobulated
1951154,VwhFldAt9VSesTlQO1wAKSzAvqPs01Lbqbf5kCRIWjxM1xxB7m5A6C93P67YzOOjlZaKygcQDjJaG9r5Npl0GQ==.jpg
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I use the clutch, just don't H pattern, because my Fannytic shifter doesn't pick up the gears properly, I pluck second I get fourth, and when I try to pluck 4th I get 6th. The mechanism design they used is so flawed and basically :poop::poop::poop:, Ive been meaning to modify it so it works correctly in H pattern, but Ive been a slack old bean;), and Im happy to use it as an inline manual, like a V8 supercar, so I'm only "half cheatin" when I heel & toe:whistling:

I appreciate the compliment. I would also like to be safe and consistent which obviously I am not:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Seriously though, if you're to my left, with my fov I can see you just fine. It's just to the right. I think triple screens would be a very beneficial tool for what we do.
@Chris James is it easy for you to glance right with the VR and not screw your braking up too bad? I have a head tracker, but it can cause stuttering problems from time to time, plus I use a headset so it all would just get discombobulated
View attachment 185621 :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

When I first started using VR, I found that I wouldn't look around like I would naturally in a real car. I had to consciously remind myself that I had the ability. After just a short period of time, I can look around naturally now on straights, but not during cornering. I have to look towards the brake marker and then towards the apex. When I'm being passed, that's good, because when looking at the apex I can usually see the car that's passing. When I'm making a pass, I don't look away from the apex. I use Helicorsa at that point. I move Helicorsa so it's right under the top of the steering wheel, so it's almost in the way of my driving. It's hard to miss it then. I don't even really focus on the little rectangular car icons, but when the yellow, and then bright orange pops up with the directional indicator, it's very helpful. That app is very helpful in my opinion.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%