AC Alfa GTA @ Silverstone 1967 - Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Does this qualify as posh as fooook? If so, I'm out! :laugh:

That is beyond Posh. That is extravagant, sinfully wasteful, inconsiderate and any other adjective you can think of:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::O_o::O_o:. I told you I have that envy thing going on. Now I'm Jones'en for a rig like that. I too will be a cheater one day:D:D:D
Now that I've raked you over the coals, will you please sign me up:D:D
Isn't this the same layout as we attempted a few weeks ago? Fine by me because we had a blast. Allan did literally, but I think he's come back down to earth now

Yeah, with the keyboard tray and shifter mount attached it's a little snug getting in and out but not too bad. I get out on the keyboard side so I can swing it out of the way. Looking forward to your review. I love mine, it's pretty much exactly what I wanted/needed. :thumbsup:
Oh boohoohoo to you both. It's a little tight? I'll tell you what's not.......the stinking desk I'm driving:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
MASH_episode-2-21-Crisis-Col_Blake.png

Isn't this the same layout as we attempted a few weeks ago? Fine by me because we had a blast.

Several weeks ago but due to low sign ups the race never happened, so I figured I'd give it another shot since we seem to attract a slight crowd now. Just trying to hit some "vintage" tracks since they suit the car, but we don't have many so after this we'll be at modern tracks.

Well after a few days in my new "rig":cautious::sneaky::D,and no its nots cheating btw:whistling::whistling:,here is my summary, its KIN ACE,wot a difference from a swivel chair..Build quality is really good,sturdy no creaks, and seat is very comfy,a little narrow for my thighs,but thats just me:D..Im sat about 4 inch down on last chair so altered my triples accordingly,shifter is placed like a car,yep i measured it all:laugh:,starter buttonbox moved,Tacho moved,twin speakers at back of chair,so im now ready to go go go!!!!:rolleyes::geek:.....Luckily i got this for half price which is a great bonus,but still worth the full asking price anyday...So its foot to the floor,ace the apex,s,and see you lot in my.....rear view mirror lol..:p:D:whistling::laugh:...
17759922_10154635575084372_8959233162639362634_n.jpg

Well after a few days in my new "rig":cautious::sneaky::D,and no its nots cheating btw:whistling::whistling:,here is my summary, its KIN ACE,wot a difference from a swivel chair..Build quality is really good,sturdy no creaks, and seat is very comfy,a little narrow for my thighs,but thats just me:D..Im sat about 4 inch down on last chair so altered my triples accordingly,shifter is placed like a car,yep i measured it all:laugh:,starter buttonbox moved,Tacho moved,twin speakers at back of chair,so im now ready to go go go!!!!:rolleyes::geek:.....Luckily i got this for half price which is a great bonus,but still worth the full asking price anyday...So its foot to the floor,ace the apex,s,and see you lot in my.....rear view mirror lol..:p:D:whistling::laugh:...View attachment 185048

Nice. :thumbsup: I'm very pleased with my GT Omega, really surprising how much of a difference having everything firm and sturdy makes. You must have eyes in your knees to see that tach. :O_o: :roflmao:

Well after a few days in my new "rig":cautious::sneaky::D,and no its nots cheating btw:whistling::whistling:,here is my summary, its KIN ACE,wot a difference from a swivel chair..Build quality is really good,sturdy no creaks, and seat is very comfy,a little narrow for my thighs,but thats just me:D..Im sat about 4 inch down on last chair so altered my triples accordingly,shifter is placed like a car,yep i measured it all:laugh:,starter buttonbox moved,Tacho moved,twin speakers at back of chair,so im now ready to go go go!!!!:rolleyes::geek:.....Luckily i got this for half price which is a great bonus,but still worth the full asking price anyday...So its foot to the floor,ace the apex,s,and see you lot in my.....rear view mirror lol..:p:D:whistling::laugh:...View attachment 185048
Sweet setup Allan. Between VR and the Triple Screen setups you and Brandon have I realize I'm now guilty of "Coveting". My demise is imminent. I'm so freaking old school.
10632982.jpg

Its the only place i could find lol..im fitting some fans on the support struts that mimmick real air flow...:laugh::laugh:

I have fans! I got this powered USB hub that has switches so you can turn each device on and off. I got two USB powered fans and set one behind each side monitor so if I get a bit warm I can just flip the switch and a fan comes on, if that's not enough I flip on the other one. :) You can see the USB hub to the right of my wheel.

New Rig_17.jpg

Sounds like you might want something more like this though, it's two fans that blow in your face and they speed up/slow down depending on the speed of your car to mimic wind blowing in your face. :confused:

Just ran 20 laps in this cool old Alfa got into the 1.55's with some tweaking to the setup, I like the fact the old 67 Silverstone is flat as you could want, provides lots of room for a fast, stiff, low setup. Only issue is cool tyre/tire temps:mad:
TIP: warm the rears by doing a few donuts 1st :D:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Alfa-Silverstn67.ini
    803 bytes · Views: 177

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%