Alfa GTA Junior @ Jops 09 - Tue 24th April 2012

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Alfa GTA Junior (Download) + Required Soundpack (Download)
Track: Jops Siffert 09 (Download)
Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (30 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.30 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.40 (12 laps)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.00 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.10 (12 laps)
Note1: Default Skins that come with the Alfa Junior Mod Only
Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Eck Simpson
  3. Roland Warmenhoven
  4. Hans Sneep
  5. Jacob Boonstra
  6. Andrew Jarnell
  7. Jack Smith
  8. Knut Omdal Tveito
  9. Peter Van Zanten
  10. Philip Brown
  11. Ross Garland
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Paul Jones

Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to make the race tonight...maybe r2. It seems that RL & family commitments are going to take away my Tuesday evenings, so my appearances will be few. Thanks for the fun, I'll be back when I can.

Tim

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

This one not as easy like the Abarth, combo car track was hard to control for me.
Start was ok, had my first moment in lap 2 after T2 over steering it an go of so last place ,after 2 laps back on Andrew an closing on Jack an Peter,having some trouble on the hobble an I squeezes trough,but lost it again later(cut warning 2) making a nice had roll,
Back on Jack an Peter again who having some moments after T1 Peter Left Jack Right an me trough the middle,:) but that was the last fun I had get my third cut an S/G going to the Pits try to get the car on the right spot ,going back an forward more to the right an yes there was my pitboard ,staring at it, read it, staring at it again...nothing happens when you not hit ENTER !! say something nasty
an hit enter,after about 90 sec in the pits my race was over hit escape an watch the rest of the race from the pit, nice fight from Stuart an Eck, Stu take the win ! Thanks all see you !!

Thanks to Stuart for another excellent car/track combo! Really enjoyed this one.

I had a pretty average start in Race 1, but got alongside Eck before T1. Jack was off to a flyer though and came up alongside me. For the second race in a row I found myself sandwiched. Perhaps I should call myself Ross 'The Filling' Garland! :D Unfortunately both Jack and Roland went off in quick succession, putting me in 4th by the end of the first lap. For the next couple of laps I was doing all I could to hold off Knut who was scything his way through the pack, but there was no way I was going to win a battle with someone lapping 2-4 seconds faster than me. He got by and 5th was where I stayed for most of the rest of the race, occasionally holding off Philip behind me. Towards the end of the race I came across a stationary Knut on the grass, promoting me to 4th which is where I finished.

I somehow qualifyied 4th for Race 2 and got a good start. Not as good as Roland's though... he came past me as if I was sitting still! I passed Jacob into T1 though so retained 4th place. I managed to stay close enough to Roland to be able to take advantage when he ran wide and get up into 3rd. Shortly after Eck approached and passed me fairly easily, and Roland was back on my tail. For much of the rest of the race we had a lovely little battle with multiple position changes. I had to push and defend hard, and it was great fun! Unfortunately he had a slide in T1 towards the end of the race and dropped back. I again got promoted in the dying moments of the race as Eck was forced to retire. I noticed that Jacob was approaching pretty quickly from behind but there were not enough laps left. I finished in 3rd, which is only my second (PC sim) podium on RD. :)

Congrats to Stu and Knut of their wins and to the other podiums. Great racing!

Yes, all agreed that this was a fun event to drive. The car could be pushed quite hard without too much craziness and the track had a nice flow to it.. I had a good start int Race 1 but lost control shortly after turn 1 and fell behind. Replay of race 1 didn't record for me so I can't recall too many specifics but I do remember having some close encounters with Hans and Peter which made for some great fun. I believe they had some problems with control and I slipped by , never to see them again.

Race 2. Started in 8th I believe and finished in 8th. Alone most of this one. I actually broke the 1:42 barrier which was a treat for me. Still a bit off the pace and the pack slowly but surely pulled away. Never had any offs this time which feels good.
Wd done to Stu and Knut. Thanks for sharing a real stable set up Knut and cheers to all. Thanks to Stu for the fine event.

Really liked this combo and the Alfa was fast enough for this track. It also felt really good over the crest in T1 and in the "landing" of the other crest, both very fun corners!

Had to get some food in Q1 so started from the back in first race. Had a good start and made up a few positions off the line. Highlight of the race was some very fun laps with Ross G in the start of the race. Was able to catch up with Stuart and Eck on the penultimate lap, but when they slowed down for T1 it caught me off guard and I spun out on the grass and stalled the engine. Ended up around 5th or 6th iirc.

Race 2 was much more quiet. Had a good start and was able to build a decent gap in the first lap. The rest of the race was quiet, but I thoroughly enjoyed the GTAJ.

Thanks Stuart for another good event and thanks to all that showed up.

Had a good quali for Race 1, but let myself get a bit distracted by the little incident at turn 1 going on behind me! ...and slid wide at 2 allowing a bunch of cars by. Slotted in behind Knut and Ross and enjoyed their tussle, while looking for an opening. Eventually Knut worked his way by, and then I followed Ross to the finish. As "Kimi" said this past weekend, only had one chance to get by and went the wrong way:cool:.

Good drive Ross, and well done to Stuart for the win.

Race 2, not quite as good a qualifying, had a good start. I think Jacob had a little problem at some point early on and I got by him for 6th, but was not able to defend and drive! After several laps, I made a mistake at that slow, uphill right hander, pushed a bit too hard, had to back off, and he got by. On the penultimate lap, Rowland must have done something similar and I tried an overtake on the front straight as I had a bit more momentum, I pulled ahead just at the entry to turn 1, but was carrying too much speed, and slid right across the track onto the grass. Fortunately, Rowland must have seen this coming and wisely backed off enough to avoid me and retook the position.

Well done Knut for the win, and thanks to Stu and RD, and everyone who attended, for a most entertaining afternoon, . Cheers all

... .It is a beautiful track though, so yeah, bring it on again some time.. I couldn't possibly do worse there;)

WRONG! Actually, I could:cry:. My Race 1, apart from decent start, was ridiculous, ranging from going wide in T1 three times (thus resulting in a Stop-n-Go penalty:mad: ) to sliding off on a straight, to being scared to death by Hans :confused: coming over a hill ghost-driving towards me, to spinning twice in a row trying to get past Andy;), to getting lapped by most of the field... All in all an eventful race, but for the wrong reasons and not quite a good one...

Race 2 made up for that though; another great start from 5th to 3rd, some good (almost faultless) laps and then an excellent close but clean battle with Ross G that lasted till almost the end of the race, when I made a couple of mistakes allowing Ross to get away and Jacob to get by.. In the end Philip and me went head-to-head into T1, I braked a little too late, but Philip braked even later, I went off track with two wheels but Philip with all four allowing me to get ahead again.. This was a really great fun race all the way!!

Grats to Stuart and Knut, to Ross for two great performances and to the rest of the podiums, thanks to all drivers and Stu for this event.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.3%