Alexis MK14 issue with SOL

After installing SOL and Content Manager AC looks fantastic, but the Alexis does not. It appears without a rollbar.I uninstalled and reinstalled it again and it still shows up the same. See the picture below.
46811542055_da317aba17_b.jpg

Which version of the shader patch are you using? I tested it with 0.1.25preview49 before uploading but I don't know for sure if other ones work.

For the rollbar to show up the files in "extension" need to exist in your ac install and that's about it.

With the shader patch version I have, they just need to be in any folder of "extension\config\cars", I put them in "extension\config\cars\stereo" for neatness. I don't know about other shader patch versions though.

Works fine for me also. Although, if I use the rollback option in CM to try to use version 49 (which I would really like to do to remove sparks) I end up with the black sky issue. Hopefully in the long run the CM integration will really help though, it is a really nice solution and makes it easy to update and rollback.

Is the new version just packed data anyway? If so deleting the data folder and adding the data.acd should do the job I guess, there may well be other changes though. I put the new version on our server but haven't driven it to know if all is working correctly my end after reinstalling.
Bsmooth if you cannot see the car after that maybe you need to enable the mod in CM after installing.

Tried that and it just wasn't there. Content Manager puts it in the MODS folder and just leaves it there. I've always installed my files manually, so I thought this would be a great time saver, but so far it isn't doing it.
I finally got it to work after a few tries, but it was pretty frustrating to say the least, especially since it had worked before and I knew it was such a great mod to use !

Is the new version just packed data anyway?
The only files the original and new version share are in the system\ folder, everything else is moved because the original folder names caused SRS issues. So ideally you would fully uninstall the old one and install the new but just deleting the car folder and moving content/system/extension folders into your steam/assettocorsa folder should work.

I've never used CM to install a mod and couldn't find any explanation of how that feature works so that's unsupported I guess? I put it in the same JSGME folder structure that I've seen other mods use so you can do it with JSGME and someone told me CM works fine with that.

The rollbar's in the extension folder where shader patch is, because that's where the shader patch looks for replacement kn5s. So if you install the shader patch but don't unzip that folder, it removes the original as expected but can't find the file to replace it with.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing