Alcantara and sweaty hands. Cotton towel and water after each session?

I got a new alcantara wheel a couple of days ago and im happy with the upgrade so far but with my old wheel my hands never got that sweaty. yesterday after a intense session with rally i could feel the rim being damp. Today i used a cotton towel and some hot water and it seems to have been working out fine. Can I use water and a towel after each session to clean it or whats your suggestions? Im thinking about getting some gloves but i would prefer to drive without if possible.

+1 to gloves. I'm in favor of fingerless gloves so pressing buttons is easier. I've found, the way I use my hands on the wheel, the webbing area between thumb and forefinger is in need of reinforcement, mainly on the palm side yet stretching over top of the webbing area.

Upvote 0
i tried my dirt bike gloves but they have some absorbent material thats dampening what i feel in the ffb quite a lot. im only using a t300 base so i dont have unlimited power. :( I guess i need to get specific gloves for such a low power wheel?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I use thin garden gloves.
They are leather on inside and cloth on back.
They are very thin (single layer) so dry easily too.
Any thicker will be too warm and will make your hands sweat making them hard to get on and off.
I bought them from TKmaxx for £5.

Upvote 0
For what it's worth, I don't wear gloves with my alcantara wheels. I'm told it will ruin them someday but, I don't know, they don't look bad at this point.

On the other hand I'm using ~$150 Thrustmaster wheels so, while certainly not nothing, I'm not gambling with a $1500 investment like some with really high end wheels might be.

Upvote 0
Another vote for fastfit mechanix gloves, wash them in the washing machine too. Had terrible time without gloves and alacantra wheel, tried lots but these just about were the best for me, easy to push buttons and even typing slowly.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years