Alastaro Circuit

Tracks Alastaro Circuit 2.1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Jaasu submitted a new resource:

Alastaro Circuit - Alastaro Race Circuit in Finland

EPT1Axu.png

The small three-kilometer track in Loimaa municipality is one of the main constituent of the Finnish car racing. The significant races have never been organized here, however, practically all young drivers from Finland and Norway at least once participated in the amateur or youth competitions organized here. Apart from the classic circuit races and competitions of the Formula 3 class the drag racing championships stages are also organized here....

Read more about this resource...

Looking great so far! :cool:

Is there gonna be the Virittäjät map (no las palmas corner, longer last corner) also available in future? That would be cool too. And that Häkkinen's large helmet at last corner.

Cheers.

Häkkinen's helmet is definitely coming. At the moment only other possible track layouts I've been thinking would be drift version where all crossroads are drivable (valid track) and without ai line disturbing with wrong way sign. Also no doubt drag racing is possible but probably would be something you would play once and then forget it.

Jaasu updated Alastaro Circuit with a new update entry:

0.9 release

ADDED:
  • Mika Häkkinen's wooden replica helmet
  • Dynamic tyre groove and skid marks build up
  • Distance to corner markers to first corner
  • 3D kerb to 9th corner
  • Grandstand to hill between track day pit line and race track main straight
  • Static TV camera to the new grandstand
  • Missing track marshall location number signs

FIXED:
  • Skid marks floating too high in the air in some corners
  • Guard rail not correctly visible in fifth corner...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Very nice drive, but i think the physical bump mesh was too fine. Drove a street car and felt almost nothing. Was like driving on a super flat surface. I think it is a bit hard to balance it so it feels nice with stiff cars and softer, but its possible. Little more tweaking and it will be perfect. :)

Very nice drive, but i think the physical bump mesh was too fine. Drove a street car and felt almost nothing. Was like driving on a super flat surface. I think it is a bit hard to balance it so it feels nice with stiff cars and softer, but its possible. Little more tweaking and it will be perfect. :)
As stated in "to do" list, physics mesh bumps isn't done yet. Thanks for feedback :thumbsup:

Jaasu updated Alastaro Circuit with a new update entry:

1.0 Release

NOTE: To prevent any possible conflicts with earlier versions and to not store files no longer used, it is recommended to remove all old files before installing 1.0 version

ADDED:
  • New layouts: drift, short and long sprint
  • Bumps to physics road mesh (Likely will be tweaked more later on)
  • More tyre skid marks
  • Track marshalls (Created by Nobby76 and Rigel)
  • Safety fences for track marshalls with fire extinguisher signs
  • Background vehicles to upper parking lot in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Wow, well now there's some layouts to play for a while, thanks. Hope you will make that drag strip happen also, to make this piece complete. :cool:

Wow, well now there's some layouts to play for a while, thanks. Hope you will make that drag strip happen also, to make this piece complete. :cool:
The drag strip is at least at the moment something I almost try to avoid. Mainly because is there any real reason to spend time to first gather information how drag races are actually done in Assetto Corsa and then do it. Maybe it wouldn't take longer than a weekend but real reason behind is would you actually play it. How often you would do some drag racing there? My guess is few hours, maybe with friend or AI and that's it. Should I spend time to create it when people only use it for few hours and then forget. Not even trying hide some laziness :whistling:. No, but seriously we'll see, maybe in 1.1 version.

How often you would do some drag racing there? My guess is few hours, maybe with friend or AI and that's it.

Maybe so, or not. I think it's always worth it to make something if someone gets some kind of pleasure out of it. And in the other hand, how many drag strips there are in the AC? I know only the original. Maybe a new strip would make some hullabaloo to that area too. But it's your choice, hope its not too difficult to make. :)

Hello Dear,
Thank you for this race track, I really enjoy driving on it.
There is a small issue though.
After running a set of laps, more that 20, I exited the track and the AC showed me all laps with 0 time. Is there a problem?
During the racing the lap times where shown correctly.

Hello Dear,
Thank you for this race track, I really enjoy driving on it.
There is a small issue though.
After running a set of laps, more that 20, I exited the track and the AC showed me all laps with 0 time. Is there a problem?
During the racing the lap times where shown correctly.
Hello, did you drive those laps on main layout (circuit) or some other?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 137 13.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.7%