AL Super Touring Seasons

Cars AL Super Touring Seasons 2.8

Login or Register an account to download this content
I had a look in the zip file and Everything should be there. How did you install the mod?
Everything except 'Track updates' and 'SaveDataChampionship' folders should be unpacked as they are into the main Race07 folder. Earlier versions of the mod in the 'Teams' folder needs to be deleted to avoid conflicts.

extracted through winrar to the race07 install folder in my steamapps/common bit just like with any other mod and it was a clean install of race07 as only just re downloaded it so no previous versions were present

considering uninstalling the whole thing deleting the folder and starting fresh to see whether the same happens again

Did a clean install and your mod works fine, if i then download and install the BTCC Reloaded 1.5 and extract it i get no cars on the spinners in the menu and obviously it crashes if i try to load to track

AL Super Touring Seasons 2.05 is the latest version, so it doesn't work with earlier versions or add-ons, because the file structure had to be updated. The old mod with 2000 seasons were made with the older car models. I might add more seasons one day, but it's much work and I'm busy with the btc-t cars for the moment.

Yeah i realised this after id posted the second time, sorry my bad, will teach me to read download descriptions properly, re-installed it with the current version and works fine.

Last time i played this mod was when you first released it a few years back only just come back to pc sim racing and have to say its great :thumbsup:

I cant get it to work.. Fresh install got as far as HTML set it up and clicked the button but it wont copy over? maybe I got the something wrong on the file where my Steam is stored as I don't have :c/ Program file, its just : D / Steam !?? plus I dont have the Directory you say to copy it to in the pop up box so ??
FAR too complicated to install , cant you make it main folder install ?
I must be missing something silly here... I'll go back over it from scratch later but if somebody can help please
Cheers guys

You have to tell were your steam is installed in 'Championship_Settings.txt' so the program finds the files. So in this case it should be D: .
Anyway the program needs to have ActiveX-controllers activated and needs to be allowed to edit text files. It works for me and some beta testers, but it seems to be tricky to make it work on some computers. So the program will be gone in next update, and the seasons classes will be reduced. '95 and '00 seasons will be added instead.

About single folder install:
that is not possible (for the seasons program) because it has to be placed in the 'UserData' folder, and that folder is different for everyone.

If you just want to use the cars as a 'regular' mod, you can just unpack 'Gamedata' and 'UIData' folders into the main Race07 folder.

Track updates contains fixes to some tracks to better fit the super touring cars. They are optional.

You have to tell were your steam is installed in 'Championship_Settings.txt' so the program finds the files. So in this case it should be D: .
Anyway the program needs to have ActiveX-controllers activated and needs to be allowed to edit text files. It works for me and some beta testers, but it seems to be tricky to make it work on some computers. So the program will be gone in next update, and the seasons classes will be reduced. '95 and '00 seasons will be added instead.

About single folder install:
that is not possible (for the seasons program) because it has to be placed in the 'UserData' folder, and that folder is different for everyone.

If you just want to use the cars as a 'regular' mod, you can just unpack 'Gamedata' and 'UIData' folders into the main Race07 folder.

Track updates contains fixes to some tracks to better fit the super touring cars. They are optional.

Thanks Andreas, I will just use the Cars as Regular for now then. Shame as the Championship theme sounds like a good idea.. I will try from a clean install again just to see if its something I've done wrong, it most likely IS me.
On the Program that finds the file I just delete the (Program Files) out yes and bring it back to just D: / Blank yes? then it should go when I hit the button on the bottom of HTML Program.
Ill try again but PLEASE don't Reduce the Seasons !! ha
Thanks

Ok so now Ive got a track error for tracks it says I dont have when I do have ??
is this due to the up date file for tracks in the file... Do I need to put those in ?
as all my addon tracks are in Locations NOT Documents list need help with this please
cheers

Ok so now Ive got a track error for tracks it says I dont have when I do have ??
is this due to the up date file for tracks in the file... Do I need to put those in ?
as all my addon tracks are in Locations NOT Documents list need help with this please
cheers

If the simulator files are installed in your
...Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\UserData\*User name*\Championships\Official folder, open the 'Championship_Settings.txt' file. It should look like this:

STEAM DIRECTORY
----------------------------
Directory where Steam is installed. Use "/" instead of "\" (ie. C:/Program files)
D:/Program

TRACKS
-----------------------------
Donington Park GP,2004_Donington
Donington Park National,2004_nDonington
Silverstone International,International
Thruxton,Thruxton_Full
Brands Hatch,2007_Brands_Hatch_2
Oulton Park,2005_oultonpark
Croft,Croft07
Knockhill,Knockhill
Snetterton,Snetterton_2005
Curitiba 07,2007_Curitiba
Zandvoort 07,2007_Zandvoort
Valencia 07,2007_Valencia
Pau 07,Pau
Brno 07,2007_Brno
Porto 07,Porto
Anderstorp 07,2007_Anderstorp
Oschersleben 07,2007_Oschersleben
Brands_Hatch 07,2007_Brands_Hatch
Monza 07,2007_Monza
Macau 07,2007_Macau
Bahrain,Bahrain
Australian GP,Melbourne
Sepang,Sepang
Shanghai,Shanghai
Barcelona GP,7Barcelona
Monaco,07Monaco
Istanbul,2006_Istanbul
Montreal,MONTREAL_GP
Valencia,2007_Valencia
British GP,BritishGP
Hockenheim GP,Hockenheim_National
Spa Francorchamps,3Spa
Monza,2007_Monza
Suzuka,2001_Suzuka
Abu Dhabi,AbuDhabi

All the track names after 'TRACKS' are what is available in the program. You can edit this yourself.
The first Word is what the track is called (could be whatever you like), the other is the internal Race07 name of the track, and it must match exactly to what you have installed if you want to select that track. The name is usually the name of the .gdb, .hat, .grd etc files of that track.

And also, the changes in the simulator is made to the saved Championship file. So you should load the saved Championship, not start a new one.

Anyway there will probably be a completely new simulator soon that is easier to use.

hey man, having a bit of trouble. the pre 2 category volvos dont seem to be working, but its only the two 850 estates and that seems to mess up the rest of that category, any idea how to get them working?

(neither of the cars are visible even in the preview yet every other car is but if i try to load it it just comes up with an error)

Do you have the STCC2 expansion installed?
It is needed for the 850 estetes. If you don't have STCC2, you can delete the .car files of them in ...race 07\Gamedata\Teams\Pre Super Touring\Volvo Teams\Teams

The AI are a bit weird

On most of the British tracks I can easily Out-qualify the AI by 2 seconds on 110% difficulty

Is there something Im missing?

Sorry to bother here. I love the "garage" that was created for the showroom (car selector), but I would like to ask, is there any way to disable it so that only the car is seen? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks for the mod! I've been enjoying it for many years now.

Sorry to bother here. I love the "garage" that was created for the showroom (car selector), but I would like to ask, is there any way to disable it so that only the car is seen? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks for the mod! I've been enjoying it for many years now.
It's the files called 'SpinnerAlphaFloor.gmt' (there are a number of them) that replaces the standard view with the garage

The AI are a bit weird

On most of the British tracks I can easily Out-qualify the AI by 2 seconds on 110% difficulty

Is there something Im missing?
The speed of the ai cars can vary for different tracks, but sadly the ai isn't very fast in these cars (the cars are quite different from the s2000's).
But I'm working on an update with a lot of tweaks that will make them faster over all.
One problem is there are very little suspension travel for the front wheels, so the ai have som problems with flipping over at high cerbs or loosing traction at bumpy tracks. If the ai dampers calculation isn't very high, the problem gets worse.
Making the ai fast is sometimes difficult unless you want to use a lot of the 'ai-cheats' (grip bias, ai springrate, downforce bias, torque stabilizer). The ai uses a simplified suspension, so some grip bias is needed, but I have tried to keep it at a minimum level.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 249 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 165 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%