Akina winter skin

Tracks Akina winter skin V0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Even better used with trick for AI traffic in track days! I found that it`s possible to have both ways traffic if you copy the "pit_lane.ai" from the "\layout_uphill_wet\ai\" and rename it to "fast_lane.ai" in "\layout_drift\ai\". Then you need to make a simple pit lane in the game with the developers app and Voila - the traffic starts going for the whole 12h. Better to turn off the damage, tho! Attached are mine that go in "AssettoCorsa\content\tracks\mount_akina_2017\layout_drift\ai" if you feel lazy :) Rename "ai traffic.txt" to "ai traffic.7z"...

Attachments

• ai traffic.txt
    798.9 KB · Views: 179
Is there a way to make this work without content manager? There is no skins file in my Mount Akina 2017 file.

The instructions from EcQT are a bit wrong.
Create the "skins" subfolder in "..\AssettoCorsa\content\tracks\mount_akina_2017\" then create "default" subfolder in "..\AssettoCorsa\content\tracks\mount_akina_2017\skins\". Place all 78 files of this winter skin into "..\AssettoCorsa\content\tracks\mount_akina_2017\skins\default\" and you are ready to rock. Just reload the Kunos loader as it`s not that clever as the CM.

The instructions from EcQT are a bit wrong.
Create the "skins" subfolder in "..\AssettoCorsa\content\tracks\mount_akina_2017\" then create "default" subfolder in "..\AssettoCorsa\content\tracks\mount_akina_2017\skins\". Place all 78 files of this winter skin into "..\AssettoCorsa\content\tracks\mount_akina_2017\skins\default\" and you are ready to rock. Just reload the Kunos loader as it`s not that clever as the CM.
Thanks for the explanation!
Even though I did exactly as you suggested, there is not a skin to be selected from CM. As I load the track it is using the WINTER skin without any other way to change it. In another words, "it's always winter". How do I CREATE A WINTER SKIN?

Even better used with trick for AI traffic in track days! I found that it`s possible to have both ways traffic if you copy the "pit_lane.ai" from the "\layout_uphill_wet\ai\" and rename it to "fast_lane.ai" in "\layout_drift\ai\". Then you need to make a simple pit lane in the game with the developers app and Voila - the traffic starts going for the whole 12h. Better to turn off the damage, tho! Attached are mine that go in "AssettoCorsa\content\tracks\mount_akina_2017\layout_drift\ai" if you feel lazy :) Rename "ai traffic.txt" to "ai traffic.7z"...
Cool. I think this language is not to everyone. Wouldn't you be able to upload the track with your ideas ready to be used? I have no idea how to setup the pit-lane or how to use the developer app. Really!
Thanks for teasing us, though!

It works perfectly fine with CM. The only tricky bit is that you need to put the "cm_skins" folder inside the "skins" folder inside the Akina track folder. (That's a CM quirk and this mod's author has no control over it.)

did exactly as you suggested, there is not a skin to be selected from CM
What I suggested was in reply to https://www.racedepartment.com/goto/post?id=2885207 where the problem was how to enable the winter skin with the Kunos loader. With CM you simply follow the instruction in the beginning of the resource description and unzip in "skins" to get the "cm_skins\winter\" with all the textures and select "Winter" from the drop-down menu. It works.

What I suggested was in reply to https://www.racedepartment.com/goto/post?id=2885207 where the problem was how to enable the winter skin with the Kunos loader. With CM you simply follow the instruction in the beginning of the resource description and unzip in "skins" to get the "cm_skins\winter\" with all the textures and select "Winter" from the drop-down menu. It works.
Thank you, again for your kind support. I followed your instructions and it is working perfectly now.
Happy new year!

Last thing! I tried the track with the 2-way layout enabled, and turns out that the ai crashes and retires from the track when they reach the bottom of the mountain. They are not able to make an u-turn and go up again. Is there a way to fix it?

ai crashes and retires from the track when they reach the bottom of the mountain
Crash into what? Make a screen with F8 and post it in the Discussion of the 2-way so to not spam the skin here. If there is a barrier on your version of the track have a look in "3DSimED for the exact name of the wall object and post it too. I can tell you how to make it transparent for the physics and not edit the original file. Or If the AI are too clumsy I`ll help you with another trick.

Crash into what? Make a screen with F8 and post it in the Discussion of the 2-way so to not spam the skin here. If there is a barrier on your version of the track have a look in "3DSimED for the exact name of the wall object and post it too. I can tell you how to make it transparent for the physics and not edit the original file. Or If the AI are too clumsy I`ll help you with another trick.
Thanks for you time!
Yes, there is a barrier. I did what you asked me. I posted some pics at the 2-way discussion.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%