rF2 AJR @ Watkins Glen - Saturday 27 April 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
In please Craig, will download car tomorrow - second time lucky, will try it beforehand with full AI grid and reduced setting to test.

If anyone can help, first time using rf2, tried to run tonight in GT3, with max settings by mistake (I hadn't checked beforehand, will reduce) but had incredibly slow load of the game and bad freeze frames.

Brief spec is:
Win 7
AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor
8192MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Last edited:
In please Craig, will download car tomorrow - second time lucky, will try it beforehand with full AI grid and reduced setting to test.

If anyone can help, first time using rf2, tried to run tonight in GT3, with max settings by mistake (I hadn't checked beforehand, will reduce) but had incredibly slow load of the game and bad freeze frames.

Brief spec is:
Win 7
8192MB RAM

I'd just drop everything down to medium buddy.

Who can tell me anything about these cars? Are they similar in speed/handling?
High downforce (1-2 times their mass). So naturally they like much less slip than GT3.
Good chassis, not all over the place. But for some reason the Reiza pack cars feel a bit strange, like as if they had variable rate suspension.
If you mean what engine would suit the track then i have no idea. But i wouldn't pick the heaviest.

Edit:
After trying all the engines, i got an instant 1,5 second gain by switching to V10. It changed the handling greatly also, making the rear feel super heavy when sliding.
Other engines were pretty much equal and had great handling.

Last edited:

Brief spec is:
Win 7
8192MB RAM

It would have been heavy tonight for a few, there was over 30 drivers, I think maybe to many. I am thinking about max 28 drivers, because it is not fair on the drivers that have a lower spec PC.

These are the big hitters, everything else can be on high ...for your spec..
  • Shadows - low to medium
  • Texture Filter - x 8 Anisotrapic - you could try 16, it is not a big hitter on Anisotrapic
  • Shadow blur - off / low
  • Soft particles - off / low
  • Rain drops - Medium
  • Visible Vehicles - 9 / 12 - maybe the biggest hitter of all
Default setup are mostly good, but you have to work on the tires ...the lower the pressure the more grip, but the lower the pressure, the higher the temp will be, when you pass the start/finish line make sure you are no higher than say 80 / 100...I have found that most if not all the fast drivers, will happily share there setup...

PS ..these 50 minutes events, you will not need the pits, unless you are involved in a serious accident.

Welcome aboard m8 ...Good luck :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Brief spec is:
Win 7
8192MB RAM

I had similar issues at our suzuka race last week due to the full grid however I turned down the visible vehicles to 8 so my game will only render and simulate the physics for the 8 cars closest to me on track, this helped massively with my lagg/freezing issues so try that if all else fails

Looking forward to this race, love driving LMP class and this feels so similar, sadly I didnt have time to throw a livery on, maybe next time:)

Looks good Juan! Correct me if I'm wrong but you appear to be at sebring, that's a long drive to get to Watkins Glen on time for the race haha
yes ,sebring ,we already bought you plane ticket:rolleyes::D:D:D:D:);):thumbsup:

AIRBUS-BELUGA-XL-F-WBXL.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years