AIW problem

Kyle Puttifer

@Simberia
My main circuit goes underneath the pitlane so the AIW lines for Fastline and pitlane cross. This causes major problems in-game for AI speed when they go under the pits. I can easily take that area at about 120mph in an F1 car, but the AI slows down multiple times and ranges between about 20-50mph. But, when running at about 95% AI Difficulty along with Dazor's PLR file at, say, Monaco or Monza, I can have a lot of fun with the AI, and I really have to push hard to beat them. But here, running at maximum difficulty has the AI about 2-3 seconds off my pace.

This is in rFactor. I've attached a photo with the track in BTB, circled is the area where they cross.

I do not want to change where the pitlane is, as I wanted to make full use of the underpass that exists in real life. The circuit goes under, the pitlane over. Other than that, the AI are fine.

What can I do?

Attachments

• aiwprob.jpg
    aiwprob.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 298
There is a thread about this here somewhere, have you tried using the search?

From memory its got something to do with the way BTB , erm,,, I can't think of the word,,, lets just say, its how BTB sees everything on the level. Much like you cant create a loop the loop from the track. You will have to either manually edit the aiw file or use the rfactor aiw editor. There is a tutorial on aiw in the forums, if you search you will find it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 141 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 104 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.9%