AIW editing for mod tracks in AMS: how?

MJQT

1RPM
Dec 25, 2019
AMS modding newbie here who recently got back into sim racing. I'm absolutely loving driving Automobilista, especially CART Extreme (since I'm a huge AOWR fan). Would love to contribute to this awesome game and put in some work on improving mod track AIWs – for example on the JNS Oval tracks.

How to go about doing this? Any experts have any tips they can share?

Disclaimer: I don't think this question has been explicitly addressed in existing threads. If it has, my apologies – in this case, it'd be greatly appreciated if you could direct me to those discussions.

**One potential method that came to mind after doing some research: for rFactor conversions, could one modify the AIW "the old-fashioned way" using the rFactor AIWCAM Editor on the old rFactor track and then use that AIW file in the AMS version?

MJQT

1RPM
Dec 25, 2019
Been doing more research and found that rFactor-style "AI learning" works for GSC, apparently:

Is there an equivalent for AMS?

Salvatore Sirignano

100RPM
Premium
Nov 21, 2008
One potential method that came to mind after doing some research: for rFactor conversions, could one modify the AIW "the old-fashioned way" using the rFactor AIWCAM Editor on the old rFactor track and then use that AIW file in the AMS version?
Yes that is correct, download guitarmans aiwcam editor and have fun! rFactor AIWs work in AMS, and you can open any AMS AIW file and edit it without any conversion needed...

MJQT

1RPM
Dec 25, 2019
Fantastic, thanks for the prompt reply! 2 quick followup Qs:
1) Where to download guitarman's editor? Searched here on RD and on Google, and didn't find any working links.
2) Do either of guitarman's editor or the official ISI editor (available here, nowadays: https://www.rfactor.net/#support) work with the Steam version of rFactor in Win10?

Salvatore Sirignano

100RPM
Premium
Nov 21, 2008
You´re welcome @MJQT
1) I just uploaded it for you here...

2) guitarman´s works independently with no problem, ISI´s editor fires up a dev build, which doesn´t run in windows 10, only windows 7, and even then some can´t get it to work...

MJQT

1RPM
Dec 25, 2019
Awesome news that it works on Windows 10.

You, sir, are fantastic! Thank you so much for uploading the editor here on RD Salvatore, I really appreciate it. And I imagine others in the future will as well!

Reactions: Salvatore Sirignano