AITorqueStab Noob learning Discussion

You will have to excuse me while I ask and or discuss things that some of you may already know. I have been slowly going through settings in an attempt to try and better understand what settings I can actually adjust and what they do. Todays testing is on AITorqueStab=(1.00, 1.00, 1.00). So I have seen it said that this adjustment can be used to prevent the AI from being too stable and running you off the road like a freight train. However When I adjust the fields one at a time to see the effect It didn't seem to me that this was the intention of this setting. Here is my understanding, please feel free to correct me. I am trying to learn here.

First field = rear wheels tracking/sideways friction (lowering this makes the rear of the car very slippy and the AI start drifting around the track, and not in a good way.)

Second field = Front wheels tracking/sideways friction (lower this too far and the AI cannot turn)

Third field = Body roll (lower this too far and the AI's car rolls excessively and they lose control.)

It is almost as you think:
The fields are 1 Pitch (car body up/down front/rear), 2 Jaw (car body rotate as when turning), 3 Roll (car body rotates side to side, as prevented/decreased by anti roll bars)

AITorqueStab stabilizes these rotations as an opposite force. Settings about 1.05 - 1.15 usually works well and feels quite equal to player car.
Too high settings makes ai cars feel like trains that can't be moved, and it also reduces weight transfer load on tyres and therefore also reduces some grip. Too low makes them very unstable as you say.

Ok great thanks. Just had the first one a bit wrong. I noticed that some mods use settings of 1.20,1.20,1.20. I presume to help stabilize the cars and make them faster. But as with all things in this game there is no one do all setting.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back