AI

AI in rf2 is worse than ever. Especially the Gt3 . Every time the first corner is a mess. After that the cars just going sideway,s in the air and make all kinds of stupid move's. Is there any solution to fix this?

What's your AI aggression set at?
Default is 25%.
I run them at 20 aggression and 95 strength.
I love rF2 AI, I think they might be the best currently but if your aggression is too high they defend and corner dive ruthlessly especially amongst each other.

What's your AI aggression set at?
The default is 25%.
I run them at 20 aggression and 95 strength.
I love rF2 AI, I think they might be the best currently but if your aggression is too high they defend and corner dive ruthlessly especially amongst each other.
You're right, the AI is the best in any of the racing games I've tried. I have problems at tracks like Portland because I'm running the aggression level at 100%, which makes for some interesting opening laps. That's also the reason I turn off yellow flags!:D

I've been running the endurance cars at Le Mans_17, and the first corner is bloody as hell. Last night one of the AI went airborne and flew over the top of my car...it was fascinating to watch in VR. I turn Invulnerability to ON for the first lap just because of all the craziness. I'm going to dial it back from 25 tonight and see how much better it makes it.

I've been running the endurance cars at Le Mans_17, and the first corner is bloody as hell. Last night one of the AI went airborne and flew over the top of my car...it was fascinating to watch in VR. I turn Invulnerability to ON for the first lap just because of all the craziness. I'm going to dial it back from 25 tonight and see how much better it makes it.
S397 or the Endurance mod. If it's the latter they are broken and it's a known issue

Did you do any qualification? I usually run with 80% aggresivity wich always makes the AI behave really aggressive and stuff happens in the first laps. To counter this I simply always run qualifications wich makes the AI s behavior much better, or rather its the same behaviuor burt the reasons for crashing out are not there since slow cars dont try to defend against the much faster cars.
ALWAYS run qualy before race for a better experience.

I never have lower than 60% Agg for the GTE cars (depending on race length, higher for shorter sprint races), never had any major issues on tracks with good AIW. If you have to lower the Agg then chances are the track you're using has a poor AIW, that or perhaps you edited the AI Mistakes in the player.JSON too high.

Wait. The default for the track is 25% and the first corner is like a demolition derby at the county fair. A lot of times the safety car comes out. Wouldn't raising it to 35% or 65% just make it worse? Isn't a lower number less aggressive? Or does higher aggression improve the way AI drives?

Lower means less aggression and less passing. Higher means more aggression.

I'm fairly new to rF2 so I can't so how the AI has been in the past, but i've always heard its legendary. I will say that I like that they will go side by side in a corner with you but i've found them pretty reckless at Road Atlanta. Other tracks like Lime Rock are better though.

Wait. The default for the track is 25% and the first corner is like a demolition derby at the county fair. A lot of times the safety car comes out. Wouldn't raising it to 35% or 65% just make it worse? Isn't a lower number less aggressive? Or does higher aggression improve the way AI drives?

Depends on the mod and track combo, again if the AIW is poor then crashes may happen anyway. Personally is raced the GT3 and GTE cars at many tracks without turn 1 issues, always after properly running a Qualifying season I might add.

If it's continually happening on every track you run then maybe a fresh player.json might help alleviate the issue, sometimes that helps.

In my testing at Le Mans 2017using Studio 397 Endurance Pack it appears the AIW was done using a high grip open wheel mod which really isn't ideal for all classes. This track will benefit considerably with additional fast lines for those classes experiencing trouble!

I noticed the cars are constantly and aggressively attempting lane changes which are the cause of many of these unnecessary accidents and i suspect this AIW edit might be the reason but would need further testing. "AIDraftStickiness=(0.2500)" The default setting is "AIDraftStickiness=(4.0000)" This lower setting is an attempt to force the AI to leave the slipstream sooner to make passing attempts but my tests show that the AI are often leaving the slipstream too soon and into other dangerous traffic. Improper blocking lines can also cause erratic and dangerous lane changes.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back