AI won't pit problem

I tried 10 lap race, tyre usage x7, fuel off. My tires start falling already at lap 2 and lap 3 i can barely drive so i have to pit. But the AI does all 10 laps and are not even slower. Looks like their tires are always 100%, they NEVER pit and their pace doesn't change at all.

Am i missing some settings?

Hah nice, can't wait what your conclusions will be then. It's a bit strange though, that i'm the only one who play short races with pitstops :confused:
Well I think about it (running 35 min races in my current championship) but then also think that I will run longer races as my concentration improves and those will have pitstops. Also endurance races. I never use more than 2x tyre wear and fuel usage though.

As Bjarne said, game engine works great within a working window, if you choose extreme values then it doesn't work well. If I were Simbin back in the time then I would have disabled x5/x6/x7.
After many tests I can say that it works well till x4 : so use fuel x4 with 10 laps and AI will pit in once.

Yeah they pit but it still isn't a solution for 2 reasons:
- pitting at the end of the race is kinda weird, that's why it should scale with % race distance so you would always pit around half the race no matter if you race 10 or 60 laps.
- AI still sits much longer in pit than me so i win because of this. Idk what takes them so long there.

Also using some cars that have 150L fuel tanks so x4 fuel usage isn't enough to pit.

As all GTR2 cars have got 100L fuel tank, I guess you speak about 3rd party mods : I understand now why you have big issues because 90% of mods use bad fuel usage and pit slots.

Yes i have some modded cars installed and i think it is as you say. Could it be possible to fix these modded car values somewhere in the files to match the original ones? Including fuel tank capacity.

But still both issues from my previous post also apply to original cars i guess. I drove BMW M3, Seat Toledo etc. I thought one driver pitted 2 times in a row but there is like 5 cars with the same driver name so it's hard to observe what they are doing. Is there an easy way to change these duplicate driver names? I could test a bit more then.

GTR2 uses rcd talent files to sort and delay pit stops so if a mod has no rcd or if it uses same driver name for several cars then they will pit in at the same time or make pit issues.

It's the same with original cars, BMW M3 has all drivers named either "Mueller" or "Priaulx". Ferrari also has duplicates but less.

Well, anyway without mods using original GTR2 BMW M3, 12 lap race, x4 fuel usage and 19 cars i was following behind place 18th all the time, some of the cars pitted already at lap 3 (wtf?) and i went from 19th to 15th. Next couple of laps AI was pitting so i was 13th, 12th, 6th, 3rd (i didn't overtake a single car i was just driving slowly behind them) and when i was 3rd it was my time to pit, i didn't see the 2 cars in front until i enter the pit (1st and 2nd place were already there) so i added fuel til the end and i went from 3rd to 1st because they stayed in pit. That way i won the race with no single overtake from 19th to 1st with 20s gap. Idk what's the reason but pitstops in GTR2 are totally broken no matter what i try.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.6%