AI using unrealistic wheel steering angle

Hi all,

When racing against AI did you notice that in many overshooting occasions (AI beeing too optimistic in an overtake move), they try to recover by steering left or right in a very unrealistic way (steering angle much too big, wheels at 45 degrees or more) but they get away with it (car turns in anyway). This really kills immersion...

I'm testing this with the formula vee who has this extremely. The classical EVE also but much less so.

Is there a way to stop this (config file or other)?

Since AMS2 is coming (long wait) I fired up AMS 1. It's AI is really fantastic and does not show this behaviour.

Thanks,

Paul

Last edited:
The way rF2 AI approaches getting around the track is sometimes distractingly different from the player. Constant throttle/brake through corners, able to go from full lock to full lock in superhuman time, large steering angle such as you have noticed. I've more or less learnt to tune it out, and I'd advise you to as well, since I don't think it's ever going to change...

The way rF2 AI approaches getting around the track is sometimes distractingly different from the player. Constant throttle/brake through corners, able to go from full lock to full lock in superhuman time, large steering angle such as you have noticed. I've more or less learnt to tune it out, and I'd advise you to as well, since I don't think it's ever going to change...

To tune it out? You mean to try and not be annoyed by it as we can do nothing about it? Or can it be tuned it (can we do something to forbid the huge steering angles for example?)?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 148 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 408 39.9%