General AI turning left/stuck in place

I made a track in Race Track Builder, recorded an ai line, swapped the named from pit_lane.ai.candidate to fast_lane.ai and loaded that into KSE. I have turned off the AI setting in CSP. I have tested using KS cars and modded cars alike. Yet for whatever reason, the AI cars still either stay in their grid spot or turn the wheel left, stop, and then retire. I have recorded the AI line more than once, tried moving the starting position in RTB, I am not sure what to do. I found some threads from a few years ago that were a similar problem, I have tried all of those fixes so far to no avail.

These were the posts I found. I even found a post on Reddit and one on Steam, but those were dead ends.

Have you renamed your pitlane.ai.candidate to fast_lane.ai? If so, that might be your problem.

If you renamed your fast_lane.ai.candidate to fast_lane.ai, something else is going on.
It can sometimes happen when the pitlane is adjacent to a valid track surface. Sometimes the solution is simply to make the surface between the pitlane and the track an invalid surface.

It's always a good idea to look at the AI line inside AC to spot any errors. Can you share some screenshots or maybe your track with AI files?

That video does not show the correct way to get AI lines and pitlane lines. There are a some good guides for this on how to do this properly. No idea where to find them, though :p

For an AI line: simply click 'start recording', race a few laps and after a good lap quit the session. Rename the fast_lane.ai.candidate to fast_lane.ai
For the pitlane, start driving on the AI line and near the pit entry click 'start pits'. Drive through the pitlane and rejoin the track at the other end and click 'recording', quit the session and rename pit_lane.ai.candidate to pit_lane.ai
Both of these files are attached (remove the .txt). They are very crude, though. Best to redo them.

Also make sure your surfaces are right, and record sidelines (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-line-helper.16016/).

Get your surfaces set up like this (or similar):
mayoval_surfaces.jpg

Get your surfaces.ini set up like this (or similar):
Code:
[SURFACE_0]
KEY=ROAD
FRICTION=0.99
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=0
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0