F1 2013 AI Too Hard in F1 2013?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
In all the previous versions 2010, 2011 and 2012, I used to play in Career Mode with Professional AI skills and I used to easily win the Championships. In 2013, I started Career with Professonal AIs and in Melbourne with Williams, I was 10 seconds behind Vettel. Changing AIs skill to Amature, I was 4 seconds behind Vettel. Is anybody having the same problem? Will that be a bug issue?

I don't know what to think about the AI.

For example it can't take tricky or difficult turns like the 14 in Sepang or the 8 in Shangai (systematically going off there, to the point I won the 25% GPs by lapping everyone but the 2nd and third).

On the other hand it sets incredible Q1 and Q2 times like 1:16 - 1:17 at Monaco on prime tyres and amateur difficulty (which is waaaay faster than the previous F1 games) but still always missing the chicane after the tunnel or before Rascasse, spinning and destroying your flying lap (Di Resta on Force India is the guy I learned to hate).

Or ramming you when you're infortunate enough to have someone just behind you then.

Anyone has the same problem?

Last edited:
As every year the AI is ridiculously stupid. They are slow, they are acting idioticly when you lap them, brake right on the apex, block the racing line, cross the track right in front of you. Also they are slow, very, very slow. The difference in GP mode is between 1 second and 4 seconds per lap depends on the tyres you have. Even on new options they can't get to less than second to my lap times on 10 laps old primes... I don't know who is responsible for the AI in CM but obviously he or they are ridiculously slow and inconsistent. There need to be a team of fast people reponsible for tweaking the AI to a point where even fastest people can have fun with them cause trust me, lapping every single car in a 50% race is just not fun!

I will have to disagree with this. Perhaps somethings wrong with my game, but it plays the opposite to yours Victor. Completely opposite. I have very close races sometimes where I might finish in the top 3, but mostly I struggle against the top tier teams. This version of the series works very very well for me.
But then I do only race from cockpit view, no assists and if I crash or whatever, then I take that result. This gives me a realistic experience.

I will have to disagree with this. Perhaps somethings wrong with my game, but it plays the opposite to yours Victor. Completely opposite. I have very close races sometimes where I might finish in the top 3, but mostly I struggle against the top tier teams. This version of the series works very very well for me.
But then I do only race from cockpit view, no assists and if I crash or whatever, then I take that result. This gives me a realistic experience.
So? I too use cockpit and no assists and I don't use flashbacks either but I have the experience I explained above. I have a lot of friends who can confirm what I said. Yes you may disagree but if you want I can show you a video to prove what I said. AI is just slow and stupid, yes better than 2012 but still not enough to have fun with it.

Since, like I wrote before, AI is much too hard for me
- I am driving offline in AI Amateur and all driving helps activated, but got no chance, even finish as Vettel/Red Bull in GP mode as last -

I am asking you Game Pros which stuff I can change in database.bin of the game to make the AI weaker. I am just looking into the database.bin of F1 2013 but cannot find such setting to lower the AI strongness.

ARE there such setting in the database and if so, please tell me WHICH setting to edit and alter with what numbers...

Thanx in advance for your help.

(Besides the great graphics quality and drive look&feel the new F1 2013 is a big dissapointment to me, as I got no chance against AI whatsowever to be competitive against the AI. In the previous versions of Codemasters F1 2010 and such I could compete in Amateur setting with the AI)

I'm playing on that middle difficulty (3rd of 5) with my PS3 controller as always and I'm finding it hard tbh. F1 2012 was fine in terms of difficulty I had a challenge playing on professional but when I turned myself up a notch - I could win the race or get a podium. Qualifying is crazy hard too. I don't want to turn the difficulty down but I don't want to get blitzed either.

My option tyres lasted 2 laps around the Hungaroring today and yesterday around the streets of Monaco my first stint ground to a halt 6 laps early. Then theres the AI who drive Senna qualifying laps every lap of the race. These cars behave strangely into and during corners - its as if grip hasn't been discovered yet. But whatever - I'm midway through my career with Lotus at this point and I've won at Spa, Silverstone, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve and Monza - so 4 out of 12 races. I've also held off second place like a bitch until the chequered flag. It is definitely different in this game but I've raced so much and practised so much with all these setups and it just isn't coming together. Sliding out of every corner even when I wait ages to put the power down? Come on man. Meh - I'm enjoying the challenge but not enjoying getting blitzed every now and then.

I don't know what to think about the AI.

For example it can't take tricky or difficult turns like the 14 in Sepang or the 8 in Shangai (systematically going off there, to the point I won the 25% GPs by lapping everyone but the 2nd and third).

On the other hand it sets incredible Q1 and Q2 times like 1:16 - 1:17 at Monaco on prime tyres and amateur difficulty (which is waaaay faster than the previous F1 games) but still always missing the chicane after the tunnel or before Rascasse, spinning and destroying your flying lap (Di Resta on Force India is the guy I learned to hate).

Or ramming you when you're infortunate enough to have someone just behind you then.

Anyone has the same problem?

lol yeah the Monaco AI is like the GP2 race with 11 Grosjeans and 11 Maldonados but 11 Ayrton Sennas and 11 Michael Schumachers qualify the cars.

The more i play this game the faster i get. But i'm still struggling with the legend AI in career with Sauber. So i have no idea how Victor is able to lap all the Legend AI. Maybe it has something to do with the race distance? I only race 100% in career and co-op.
The AI are a little unpredictable when you are lapping them, and are not as aggressive as they could be when they are trying to overtake you, but they are a lot better than last year that's for sure. Once you familiarize yourself with places that are safe to pass them then it's not a big problem. I only have issues with them when i am impatient.

Lowering the Aero will help you to be faster, but if it also makes you inconsistent then it is not worth it in the long run. Some circuits I'm able to run low wings for in my 50% distance league races, but i have not tried that yet in the 100% distance league races.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 140 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 104 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.9%