F1 2013 AI Too Hard in F1 2013?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
In all the previous versions 2010, 2011 and 2012, I used to play in Career Mode with Professional AI skills and I used to easily win the Championships. In 2013, I started Career with Professonal AIs and in Melbourne with Williams, I was 10 seconds behind Vettel. Changing AIs skill to Amature, I was 4 seconds behind Vettel. Is anybody having the same problem? Will that be a bug issue?

My experiance with this:
Grand Prix mode: Can beat my team mate pretty easy and take pole(not tested race pace)

Career mode: Follow my team mate in practice(Kimi) Kimi got 6st and I got 7th in Bahrain Practice. But in Q1 the AI set up the pace, and I still only manage to match my practice times, so I got beaten with 2sec by Kimi in Q1...

And both Career and Grand Prix was on legand AI.

And a Legand vs Expert AI test (waaay to big gap between them...)
Bahrain Q2 winer times:
expert AI: 1:35.2XX
Legand AI: 1:32.311

So I have to chose legand and get crushed by Kimi og Expert and have easy race win...

My experiance with this:
Grand Prix mode: Can beat my team mate pretty easy and take pole(not tested race pace)

Career mode: Follow my team mate in practice(Kimi) Kimi got 6st and I got 7th in Bahrain Practice. But in Q1 the AI set up the pace, and I still only manage to match my practice times, so I got beaten with 2sec by Kimi in Q1...

And both Career and Grand Prix was on legand AI.

And a Legand vs Expert AI test (waaay to big gap between them...)
Bahrain Q2 winer times:
expert AI: 1:35.2XX
Legand AI: 1:32.311

So I have to chose legand and get crushed by Kimi og Expert and have easy race win...

Laptimes of AI career vs GP mode are the same? Only your car is slower? Or?

other than arcade!! I'm game and very difficult and challenging, 12, was easy to win against the AI, but really tough here and I would like to know if someone won in the level of legend, I with ferrari after three races I got a place now 6-3-10 c 'jerez is in my calendar, the problem tire wear, after a few laps sti destroy and do not keep pace in the race and put the fuel mixture and a high suicide
tips?
1-1 setup and still valid?

other than arcade!! I'm game and very difficult and challenging, 12, was easy to win against the AI, but really tough here and I would like to know if someone won in the level of legend, I with ferrari after three races I got a place now 6-3-10 c 'jerez is in my calendar, the problem tire wear, after a few laps sti destroy and do not keep pace in the race and put the fuel mixture and a high suicide
tips?
1-1 setup and still valid?
Write in nature language & then google translate ?? :D

Laptimes of AI career vs GP mode are the same? Only your car is slower? Or?

The AI laptimes are pretty much the same, it's only youre car there that is MUCH better than career mode...

So Codemasters say that the cars are better in Grand Prix than Career because in Career you have R&D that have to develop the car. Well that is good, but not when there is only ONE car in the field that needs R&D development, and that is youre... Not the AI, so my team mate get a much better car than me?....

So what's new here?!
The AI laptimes are pretty much the same, it's only youre car there that is MUCH better than career mode...
So what's new here?!
I don't have even a problem with that the cat is slow, but that it doesn't "feel" like driving a car! My first reaction was well CM done a s*** job. And then I went to the classic mode. And let me say that in general I don't like short circuits, Monza and Spa are classics for a reason. Never the less I was just frustrated with the career and I just thought I'd give it a try. So I loaded the WB18 on Estoril ... and all of a sudden I was driving a "real" car. Rolling around those apexes have never felt better. It "felt" that natural. So obviously CM can make it. Why they chose to do what they did ...

P.S. By the way driving modern cars on the classic tracks (I tried only Estoril) feels just as good!

Last edited:
Since, like I wrote before, AI is much too hard for me
- I am driving offline in AI Amateur and all driving helps activated, but got no chance, even finish as Vettel/Red Bull in GP mode as last -

I am asking you Game Pros which stuff I can change in database.bin of the game to make the AI weaker. I am just looking into the database.bin of F1 2013 but cannot find such setting to lower the AI strongness.

ARE there such setting in the database and if so, please tell me WHICH setting to edit and alter with what numbers...

Thanx in advance for your help.

(Besides the great graphics quality and drive look&feel the new F1 2013 is a big dissapointment to me, as I got no chance against AI whatsowever to be competitive against the AI. In the previous versions of Codemasters F1 2010 and such I could compete in Amateur setting with the AI)

(Besides the great graphics quality and drive look&feel the new F1 2013 is a big dissapointment to me, as I got no chance against AI whatsowever to be competitive against the AI. In the previous versions of Codemasters F1 2010 and such I could compete in Amateur setting with the AI)
In this case if you dont mind i like to suggest you to learn harder & improve your driving skill first before everything else because lowest AI are quite easy to beat even using just a keyboard so if you have a hard time on it then the very first problem is yourself, not the AI :rolleyes:

For me AI is too slow even in Legend. At suzuka i win easily in a Lotus, or Mercedes. Legend Ai does a 1.35.00 in Qualy. I did a 35.300 in a Force India and got 5th place. I try to make ai a second faster on race and qualy but couldn't manage it from database.bin

I haven't tried career mode yet but in GP mode the Legend AI seem to be 1.5-2 seconds a lap slower than me if I drive a top end car (Merc). I hope career is a bit harder as usually I find Legend AI to be more of a challenge! Maybe it's affected by this FPS bug though?

Look at Codemaster forums.

I think everybody should read this : http://community.codemasters.com/t5...013-Update-from-the-Studio/m-p/376012#U376012

First off, tyre wear in Grand Prix mode is different to tyre wear in Career due to the R&D upgrade system. In Career, cars start in their rawest configuration, i.e. with the worst tyre wear and non-upgraded base cars, and are then upgraded throughout the season as you progress and complete the Practice R&D tests.

Dear Friends, yesterday I finished my 1st season in F1 2013 Career mode with Williams, AIs Professional, no driving assists, 25% distance. I won 16 races of the season. In the rest races too many bugs (e.g. in Singapore and in Spain, under wets conditions, the AIs, did not pit), occured, preventing me of winning.

Red Bull signed me for next season. Now the things turned to be totally different. I have finished the first 3 races, with P1 in qualifying and P1 in Race. The dirrefence to the second car, is a...century...40-60 seconds in every race. There is NOT massive tyre wear to either Wets or Drys. I assume, this happends because i now drive for Red Bull and not for Williams any more.

AI on first few corners of race are so slow that you can easily jump 10+ pos. Its so easy to crash into their gearbox when they brake 50m too early. I just had first career mode race, started from 17th place, easily moved to 6-7th place after 2 corners. Finally i finished 50% race on 14th place because im dat bad driver. Tyre degradation is crazy, options start getting worn just after they got optimal temperature. Hilarious

I noticed this as well, but this was also in 2012, they brake, you race passed them in the corner taking 10 positions, you get a penalty for rear-ending them, but when i am in a corner and get rammed they can just continue like nothing happens, once i got rear ended twice by Massa, and he even won the race, no penalties at all. :O_o:

i only have one problem with the difficulty. Qualifying is fine, but in races theyre fast and not balanced. in a 25% distance, in the 3rd lap ai is already .5s off their qualifying time and is all through out the remaining laps.
In 100% distance, by lap 20 ai is already 1 second off their qualifying time.

about point of break , the corner 15 in Malesia is ok now , I hop they did all the same for other races . legend is Legent not for little girl lol
I playing legend without help 100% race

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back