AI Tire Wear

S397 GT3 Pack's "Soft" tires will last one fuel stint so the Ai will choose Soft when appropriate. Medium last 2= stints and hard=3 stints. Note: 3rd party mods can vary considerably!

I did a 20 lap race at Barbagallo Long v2.3 with my personal AI update using S397 GT3 Pack and Fuel Usage at 4X and Tire Wear at 4X so they need to pit 1X and they received both a fuel and tire change which takes aprox. 20-23 seconds for fuel and tires aprox. 42-45 seconds so total pit time averages 42-45 seconds. (GT3 is allowed to fuel while changing tires.) I believe if you do any race with accelerated fuel usage using "4X" then you should equally do "4X" tire wear or whatever number you choose.

Note: I use the S397 GT3 Pack and their Endurance Pack so if you choose to keep tire wear at "normal" and set fuel usage at 4X or whatever number chosen then the AI when pitting for fuel will always change their tires too so the human driver should also change tires while fueling if you want a fair race! Perhaps in future AI updates this scenerio will change!

Last edited:
S397 GT3 Pack's "Soft" tires will last one fuel stint so the Ai will choose Soft when appropriate. Medium last 2= stints and hard=3 stints. Note: 3rd party mods can vary considerably!

This is really interesting information. I was under the impression that the AI will never mix up their tire strategy. But this sounds like they just want to make sure that the primary reason they pit is for fuel. So if I upped the fuel consumption would I actually see them using softer tire compounds?

I sure wish they would just put in a reasonable AI in this regard. In AC for example, the AI uses various tire strategies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back