AI taking random fuel stops??

Hi all. I have raced several times on different tracks and with different cars and during a race the AI take a fuel pit stop which seems unnecessary. Hence the competitive racing is spoilt. This has happened with:

Nissan Primera at Grobnik (where all the AI took a pit stop for fuel)
Toyota A86 tuned at Pinewood
Alfa Romao 4C, Lotus Exige Scura, Alpine A110 2018 at Brno 1965.

Is there any way to fix this? Thank you.

I'm not 100% sure of this since I barely ever race with AI, but I've read that setting up a quali or practice session before your race with the AI will allow them to run some laps and figure out fuel calculations. Again, I'm not sure if this is true, but it's worth a shot.

I'm not 100% sure of this since I barely ever race with AI, but I've read that setting up a quali or practice session before your race with the AI will allow them to run some laps and figure out fuel calculations. Again, I'm not sure if this is true, but it's worth a shot.

Thank you Gelly916. I do run quali's so I don't thinck that's it.

I would guess maybe these tracks don't have an ideal_line.ai file in their data folder?

If that's the case, just copy the fast_lane.ai file from the ai folder to the data folder and rename it to ideal_line.ai

Stereo mentions in this thread the possibility of the track in question missing info.

I would guess maybe these tracks don't have an ideal_line.ai file in their data folder?

If that's the case, just copy the fast_lane.ai file from the ai folder to the data folder and rename it to ideal_line.ai

Thank you "axeracing" I will check if they are missing this file and try your suggestion and let you know.

It seems to only happen with cars that have smaller fuel tanks.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%