AI Strength in RRE

Is it just me or is the AI extremely fast at 100% strength in RRE? I've only used the AI with the ADAC GT Masters pack & the tracks it comes with. For example, at Zandvoort I'm in the 1:38:XX range & they are in the 1:35:XX range. I haven't ran online yet so I don't know what times other people are turning, but I don't feel like I'm leaving 3 seconds on the table nor do I feel like the setup has 3 more seconds to get out of it.

I'm glad they provided a wide range of AI difficulty. The highest doesn't have to be beatable, it's just an option. On the consoles especially many play for achievements, and if those are not obtainable it frustrates the gamer. This isn't that type of game.

Is it just me or is the AI extremely fast at 100% strength in RRE? I've only used the AI with the ADAC GT Masters pack & the tracks it comes with. For example, at Zandvoort I'm in the 1:38:XX range & they are in the 1:35:XX range. I haven't ran online yet so I don't know what times other people are turning, but I don't feel like I'm leaving 3 seconds on the table nor do I feel like the setup has 3 more seconds to get out of it.

Being fast on a leaderboard doing hot lap is a different beast than being in a race with AI. They are very fast, They are basically doing the perfect lap at 100% , I tuned it down because i am not that consistent lol.

Tried this and can confirm there is something weird going on. During development I used 110 as bencmark for AI and with that level the spread in laptimes around Zandvoort for example was in 1.37 high and 1.40 area.

AI skill level at 110 should be something that very experiences racers would use, and then there is room up to 120 to make sure anyone in this planet can get a challenge out of them.

Now in my test with public build they did 1.32's with that 110 level around Zandvoort, so something is not right, we will investigate why happens.

I tried 95% the other day around Zandvoort. Started 2nd and finished last. :roflmao:
They love to smash you out of the way at the chicanes.

I then tried 92% at Hungaroring and they were so slow through T2/T3 i could just drive around the outside of them. They were reasonably quick the rest of the lap.

Well, lets not complain, regardless of what you set the difficulty slider, its just a number. All that really matters is that you now have the ability to adjust it manually which was requested due to people that didn't like adaptive AI. You got a manual slider now, be happy with it, regardless of what number works best for you.

Tried this and can confirm there is something weird going on. During development I used 110 as bencmark for AI and with that level the spread in laptimes around Zandvoort for example was in 1.37 high and 1.40 area.

AI skill level at 110 should be something that very experiences racers would use, and then there is room up to 120 to make sure anyone in this planet can get a challenge out of them.

Now in my test with public build they did 1.32's with that 110 level around Zandvoort, so something is not right, we will investigate why happens.

Thank you Marko! I wasn't trying to complain but trying to point out a what seemed like a bug to me. The AI are great fun to race with! Hope you get it sorted out! @Marko Hartikainen

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back