AI spinning in high powered cars

Same here. If you listen to the cars(Extreme,Classics,V12 and Retros) when there are accelerating they are, what sounds like full throttle when exiting corners. They seem to be able to cope with the rears spinning better on some tracks than others. Montreal has got to be the worst for me. Here they spin out and crash VERY often.

yep ive witnessed this a many a time too, even on formatin laps ive seen the retros have a spin up. Think they're power multi needs reducing. But i wonder if they adjust these to speed them up around certain tracks.

Interesting, just started lapping in formula classic and have noticed the AI may be out of its depth, I'm not up to full pace yet granted but still there seems like a lot of unnecessary rear ends and bumps, probably more than I could tolerate.
Am I correct in thinking this or are the collisions not so bad once 100% pace is achieved.

I sometimes notice this until I get up to speed in an unfamiliar car.
But something that I find really helps the AI pay more genuine attention to me is changing the aggression right down, to 10 or less, and then in plr file I change these (original figures in brackets):
AI Brake_Power Usage="0.95000" // ("0.99800") // Fraction of theoretical brake power that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)
AI Brake_Grip Usage="0.95000" // (0.99000") // Fraction of theoretical brake grip that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)
AI Corner_Grip Usage="0.98000" // ("0.99000") // Fraction of theoretical cornering grip that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)

Ok, I know a lot of people argue that it reduces the aggression too much, and for tintops they may be right, but for formula 1 cars, where non-contact is the norm, I find it really improves their behaviour into turns.

Thanks for the info.
Any experience editing The "min AI updates" (or similar, can't remember of the top of my head) in the PLR? I was wondering if you could force a faster detection rate.
Either way will turn some more practice laps till Im on 100% pace then edit the file as recommended, am pleased I don't have to give the classics away.

Thanks for the info.
Any experience editing The "min AI updates" (or similar, can't remember of the top of my head) in the PLR? I was wondering if you could force a faster detection rate.
Either way will turn some more practice laps till Im on 100% pace then edit the file as recommended, am pleased I don't have to give the classics away.

I think you might mean AIMinPassesPerTick that Spyros has mentioned, it's not something I have tried but as Spyros says, I think higher is better if cpu can stand it.

Its a lot better now ,but for me after just updating to the new 1.21 patch I don't see much change,the same rev- spin- crash( canada ) f1 cars.....so I put in a fresh 1.15 then updated to 1.21 and bam its all good :thumbsup::)

AI Brake_Power Usage="0.95000" // ("0.99800") // Fraction of theoretical brake power that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)
AI Brake_Grip Usage="0.95000" // (0.99000") // Fraction of theoretical brake grip that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)
AI Corner_Grip Usage="0.98000" // ("0.99000") // Fraction of theoretical cornering grip that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)

Just to add to this, unfortunately, I tested it with the Formula Extremes and it does not work. It seems the same lines have been edited inside the hdv file, & when that is done it overrides the changes in the plr file :(
So apologies, but this will not work for the Extremes it seems.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%