AI Speed

I recently purchased GSC on Steam and so far I'm loving the game - both the stock content I've tried and the mods and user built tracks available. I am though finding the speed of the AI a little confusing. I have just added some oval tracks and have tried racing the Retros on one of these at 90%. I can literally do a whole lap full throttle but still most of the AI are setting times 3 seconds faster! As soon as I start the race the AI leave me for dead and seem to have a far higher top speed even though they are set to 90%. Are they not using the default car setup that I am, are they just programmed to be able to go faster than humans, or am I missing something here?

Hi, the GSCE AI is undoubtedly one of the best. A fixed setting does not exist or is, in each circuit a different setting for AI. Do not worry if the AI's ability is high or low, adjust only to be competitive with their level as the circuit and ensure the fun. As a problem in the game, remember that the AI will be between 2s and 3s faster in practice than in the race. Content others can not behave exactly as standard content.

Well, after doing a bit of 'Googling' and checking out the AIW file for the oval in question I found these settings:
WorstAdjust=(1.0000)
MidAdjust=(1.2000)
BestAdjust=(1.3000)
Am I right in thinking that it's these that are making the AI drive at over 100% when they are set on 90% in game, and that it's the track that is causing the issue?

You are correct. This is how I have adjusted the ai in all my 100+ tracks to be consistent. It took a very long time!! You will never achieve perfect consistency from track to track because it takes a while to become very proficient at each one but adjusting these values gets you close enough where you are not having to adjust your AI slider from 85% to 108%.

Well, after doing a bit of 'Googling' and checking out the AIW file for the oval in question I found these settings:
WorstAdjust=(1.0000)
MidAdjust=(1.2000)
BestAdjust=(1.3000)
Am I right in thinking that it's these that are making the AI drive at over 100% when they are set on 90% in game, and that it's the track that is causing the issue?

You are correct. This is how I have adjusted the ai in all my 100+ tracks to be consistent. It took a very long time!! You will never achieve perfect consistency from track to track because it takes a while to become very proficient at each one but adjusting these values gets you close enough where you are not having to adjust your AI slider from 85% to 108%.
Hi David,
Could you please give me a bit of explanation about what each of these 3 adjustments do[WorstAdjust=(x.xxx), MidAdjust=(x.xxx), BestAdjust=(x.xxx)]? I'm also trying to change the AI speed according to mine. Thanks in advance.

Basically the Worst adjust governs the AI pace on lower AI difficulty settings, Mid for mid settings and Best for highest AI difficulty.
I can't remember the exact ranges, and I think they were changed in different versions of rFactor/Gmotor engine, but it's along the lines of:
WorstAdjust affects the AI when set at 70% to 90% difficulty level
MidAdjust affects them when set at 90 to 100
BestAdjust affects them at 100 to 120.

So for example if you race against AI set at 120% difficulty, it will be the BestAdjust number that governs their pace.

Having said all that, when editing an AIW for my own offline use, I find it best to always adjust all three numbers by the same amount each time until you reach your ideal setting.
So if I then drive a different car in the future, at a different difficulty level, the adjustments should be consistent across all difficulty levels.

Basically the Worst adjust governs the AI pace on lower AI difficulty settings, Mid for mid settings and Best for highest AI difficulty.
I can't remember the exact ranges, and I think they were changed in different versions of rFactor/Gmotor engine, but it's along the lines of:
WorstAdjust affects the AI when set at 70% to 90% difficulty level
MidAdjust affects them when set at 90 to 100
BestAdjust affects them at 100 to 120.

So for example if you race against AI set at 120% difficulty, it will be the BestAdjust number that governs their pace.

Having said all that, when editing an AIW for my own offline use, I find it best to always adjust all three numbers by the same amount each time until you reach your ideal setting.
So if I then drive a different car in the future, at a different difficulty level, the adjustments should be consistent across all difficulty levels.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate this.:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back