AI speed settings, how to slow them down on certain Oval tracks.

Hi,
I have been trying allot of the Oval tracks either with Nascar Mod or Indycar/Cart mod and some of the larger faster Oval tracks I cant keep up with the AI cars even when difficulty set to lowest settings. I have the car wings set to lowest settings and adjusted the gearing's and cant keep up with them going flat out full speed around tracks like Daytona, Taladega, Michigan, etc Which dosent seem right to me.

For Rfactor 2 - Besides the normal game difficulty settings, is there anything else global game settings that can be adjusted to slow the AI down so I can have fun racing on the tracks? This is for my own personal offline enjoyment. I dont want to get into editing tracks, etc.

Road tracks I dont seem to have this same problem. Probably cause there are more corners and with the difficulty settings to keep them slower overall.

thanks for any info - take care

Your problem probably lies with some of those third party tracks where the WorstAdjust was increased too much thus not allowing you to decrease the ingame AI strength as much as necessary for your skill level. I see these extreme edits more so with third party Nascar oval tracks because the AI usually have problems running fast laps so the track maker likes to increase these settings to make the AI faster rather than making a new and improved AI fastline which will usually provide much better results!

Example: From the settings below if you set the ingame AI strength to 100% it's using the "MidAdjust" setting from in the AIW. I discovered some third party tracks where the WorstAdjust and MidAdjust were both set close to 100% or even higher which doesn't allow you to lower the AI strength any further than 100% so you have no choice but to race the AI at 100% even at minimum AI strength settings.

NOTE: The WorstAdjust should NEVER be set much higher than it's default 80% setting because it doesn't allow slower drivers to compete. Below are the usual rF2 default AI settings ranging from 80% to 120%. If you learn how to unpack and pack a MAS file where the AIW is located then you can easily edit those necessary settings back to their defaults for your personal offline racing!

WorstAdjust=(0.800)
MidAdjust=(1.000)
BestAdjust=(1.200)

Last edited:
Thank you Ace King for the info. I take a look at those AIW files. I opened up the Taladega oval track and it seems to have 3 different AIW files inside the mas file. It will take some time to figure out RF2 files and find those settings. More familiar with Assetto Corsa files. take care, thanks again.

Thank you Ace King for the info. I take a look at those AIW files. I opened up the Taladega oval track and it seems to have 3 different AIW files inside the mas file. It will take some time to figure out RF2 files and find those settings. More familiar with Assetto Corsa files. take care, thanks again.
I checked the AIW's for Daytona Oval 2016 (v1.60), Michigan Oval 2016 (v1.60), Talladega Superspeedway 2016 (v0.85) and their WorstAdjust=(0.800), MidAdjust=(1.000), BestAdjust=(1.200) are correct as shown so this "isn't" the cause as i previously thought for why your AI speeds are too fast and your not able to decrease their speeds enough for your skill level.

(This AI setting in the 3 tracks i examined will make the AI more consistant and aggressive thus faster)
slowwhenpushed=0.00 - rF2 default: slowwhenpushed=1.00

NOTE: Talladega shows 3 AIW's but the 2 AIW's are only backup tests by the author and not being used. Only the TALLADEGA_2016 AIW file (1,192 KB) is being used.

Each track will consists of only 1 AIW and if that track has variations then 1 AIW for each one of them!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 155 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 151 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years