ai spawns on track but doesnt move

i have had a problem with the assetto corsa ai it either stands still and does nothing or keeps crashing into stuff
does anybody know a fix?

another user on race department found it out

Sometimes its caused by a gear mismatch:

Open the ai.ini and engine.ini inside the 'data' folder (if the car has a data.acd, unpack it with content manager first)
Make sure the Gears UP value in the ai.ini:

[GEARS]
UP=7900 (wrong value)
DOWN=4600
SLIP_THRESHOLD=0.95
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.130

has a lower value, than engine.ini limiter

[ENGINE_DATA]
ALTITUDE_SENSITIVITY=0.1 ; sensitivity to altitude
INERTIA=0.120 ; engine inertia
LIMITER=7500 ; engine rev limiter. 0 no limiter
MINIMUM=1500 ; engine idle rpm
LIMITER_HZ=50

In this example the RPM needed to shift up is higher than what the engine limiter allows, so you would change the ai.ini value to something like 7200

It doesn´t work every single time, but it might be the case for the cars you´re trying to run.

credits to jlmp93 for finding out

another user on race department found it out

Sometimes its caused by a gear mismatch:

Open the ai.ini and engine.ini inside the 'data' folder (if the car has a data.acd, unpack it with content manager first)
Make sure the Gears UP value in the ai.ini:

[GEARS]
UP=7900 (wrong value)
DOWN=4600
SLIP_THRESHOLD=0.95
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.130

has a lower value, than engine.ini limiter

[ENGINE_DATA]
ALTITUDE_SENSITIVITY=0.1 ; sensitivity to altitude
INERTIA=0.120 ; engine inertia
LIMITER=7500 ; engine rev limiter. 0 no limiter
MINIMUM=1500 ; engine idle rpm
LIMITER_HZ=50

In this example the RPM needed to shift up is higher than what the engine limiter allows, so you would change the ai.ini value to something like 7200

It doesn´t work every single time, but it might be the case for the cars you´re trying to run.

credits to jlmp93 for finding out
Not the answer as I use different tracks and different cars, thanks for the try. in a snapshot, I select GO, the software loads to the page as to where your supposed to click on the wheel (Left Side top of Page ) to get things going. MY package switches to the car and I first notice "no sound". I try the wheel and the VR and real wheel move in unison. The same with the throttle, however, even if you stand on the throttle the car just sits there. The tac indicates the engine, however, that's it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back