AI setups?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by gambolmaker, Sep 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. gambolmaker

gambolmaker

Ratings:
    +14
    Hi,

first off, if my question seems silly, please forgive me. I've only had AC for about two weeks, so I'm rather new.

I did some google searching on AI setups. I read that to force the AI to use a track specific setup I need to name said setup as ai_default.ini and put it into setups/carname/trackname.

I wanted to test this, so I made a setup for the MC12 on the nurburgring. Original car on original track, best way to test I figured.
    I made the gears as short as possible, so that I'd see the results immediately. With this setup, I get into 6th gear and top out at 114 kph.
    Started a race against the AI (same car) and they used normal gear lengths... so I guess it didn't work.

Now I looked into the log file ant it says Looking for ai setups in the place where I put it and then AI SETUP FOUND.
    So I guess I did that right.
    Next line is AI can change final ratio.
    Then it shows me that the AI changed the ratio, aswell as the Wings for each opponent.

I did some more searching and the cfg/race.ini file has a line that says FIXED_SETUP=0.
    I figured maybe I need to set that to 1, but when I do so and start a race, the ini gets rewritten and its back at 0. I have two race.ini files, one in documents and one in the normal AC folder, but neither one makes a difference.

Am I missing something? People have said in various places that AI setups work... so what am I doing wrong? I couldn't find an option to disable the fixed setup, not in the AC menus, nor in content manager.

2. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +467
    I think they will use a setup but only to a degree to which it makes sense to them. The ai now changes the gear ratios and wing settings by themselves

3. gambolmaker

gambolmaker

Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks for the info.
    I wonder how the setup changes are dictated... there must be something within the track files that tells the AI whether it is a low/high downforce track etc... and I wonder if it works with addon tracks aswell?