AI Pit Stop Strategies

I saw this in a forum for rFactor, but thought it was worth posting as it works in GSC (and probably in FTruck as well):

You can tell each of your AI drivers how many times to pit and what laps to pit on.

In the GDB file, add the following lines:

PitStopStrategies
{
Driver1 = 2 - 20,30
Driver2 = 2 - 25,50
Driver3 = 3 - 15,30,45
}

Explanation:
Driver1 = 2 - 20,30
Driver1 is the name of the driver as used in the veh file
2 is the number of pit stops
20,30 are the lap numbers that the driver will stop on
Apparently for this to work you must type it exactly in the format shown i.e leave the spaces round the = and nospaces round the lap numbers.
I have tested it in GSC and it works well :)

I saw this in a forum for rFactor, but thought it was worth posting as it works in GSC (and probably in FTruck as well):

You can tell each of your AI drivers how many times to pit and what laps to pit on.

PitStopStrategies
{
Driver1 = 2 - 20,30
Driver2 = 2 - 25,50
Driver3 = 3 - 15,30,45
}

Explanation:
Driver1 = 2 - 20,30
Apparently for this to work you must type it exactly in the format shown i.e leave the spaces round the = and nospaces round the lap numbers.

Best. Tip. Ever. Thanks mate!

Well, it's based on drivers names so if you put all the Mini drivers in the gdb file, then decide to race in the StockV8s, you would need to edit it and add their names too.
Let's say you edit the gdb file for Jerez - you add 23 lines with all the AI Mini drivers names. Now, every time you race against those drivers, they will always pit on those pre-determined laps. You would not have to edit it again UNLESS you then decided to race against a different set of drivers of course, then their names would have to be added to the gdb file.
I must add I have never tested it beyond one short list of drivers, so I don't know how it would behave if you listed 23 mini drivers + 23 Stocks + 23 FReiza etc, but I see no reason why it would not work.

The alternative is to keep separate gdb files for each series, OR keep a text file with lists of drivers names from each series, in the correct format:

PitStopStrategies
{
Nigel Mansell = 2 - 20,30
Mario Andretti = 2 - 22,52
Bobby Rahal = 3 - 15,30,45
}

then just copy and paste the correct list into a track gdb before racing, it's very quick to do.

Think i do the template way and keep separate gdb files, thankyou. One last question, at the end of the gdb file it reads:....(EG. Brasilla gdb file)

SunsetFogRGB = (203,214,236)

NightAmbientRGB = (5,10,23)
NightDirectionalRGB = (6,6,10)
NightFogRGB = (0,0,0)

SettingsFolder = Brasilia
}
Do i edit from here or before ?

PitStopStrategies
{
Driver1 = 2 - 20,30
Driver2 = 2 - 25,50
Driver3 = 3 - 15,30,45
}

Explanation:
Driver1 = 2 - 20,30

HI
do you know what can I do if I want AI don't pit?

Driver1 = 0 don't work
Driver1 = 0 - 0 dont' work
Driver1 = 0 - 0,0 dont' work

I need this for Ftruck

Oppolo, I'm not sure I understand correctly what you are asking. If the AI are pitting because you added this PitStopStrategies command in your gdb, then just put in the names of the drivers that you want to pit and leave out the drivers you do not want to pit - it is controlled by the driver NAMES.
But if you are saying the trucks are pitting without this command, and you want to make them stop, then I do not think this command will do it. You need to find out why they are pitting (tyres or fuel?) and then try to change this.

But if you are saying the trucks are pitting without this command, and you want to make them stop, then I do not think this command will do it. You need to find out why they are pitting (tyres or fuel?) and then try to change this.

for example I set the race 50 minutes lenght (I think this value is close to real one). In real brazilian truck races they don't pit, but in the game AI make a pit after 10-15 lap (43 laps total).

I don't think it is for fuel because fuel is largely enought, so I think it is for tyres, Can I do something for make the AI not pit?

thanks

Great mod Keith Windsor! This pit stop mod totally works for GSCE and it makes the races so much more enjoyable.

For anyone wanting to do this for the Mini challenge, here is a template with all of the drivers for you to just copy and paste. Just leave a space after the ='s and add the values just as OP suggests:

PitStopStrategies
{
Pedro Lins =
Fabio Zandre =
Davi Elias =
Frank Giafone =
Nico Ovaldo =
Eduardo Scherer =
Mario Castilho =
Carlos Fortunato =
Leonardo Vianna =
Ricardo Brunara =
Paulo Amatti =
Eduardo Furlano =
Iuri Sousa =
Gabriel Correa =
Victor Zens =
Rodrigo Tanashiro =
Wanderson Reis =
Christian Maior =
Kleyton Jr =
Nelinho Santos =
Joao Varela =
Gav Guilherme =
Adriano Matos =
}

Hi guys, sorry to bother - but regarding the pitstopstrategies for AI controlled vehicles... is there perhaps a way to also tell ai to switch tyre compound from option to prime? Not sure if this was asked in another discussion, but I think it is relative.

Thanks in advance for replies

I tried this as follows and it did not work. Any ideas as to what I should be doing differently
Bathurst2010
{
Filter Properties = StockV8 *
Attrition = 30
TrackName = Bathurst Mt. Panorama
GrandPrixName = Bathurst 2010
EventName = Bathurst 2010
VenueName = Bathurst Mt. Panorama
Location = Bathurst, NSW, Australia
Length = 6.5 km
Track Record = Craig Lowndes , 126.80
FormationAndStart=0
RollingStartLoc=0
TerrainDataFile=Bathurst.tdf

GarageDepth = 2.00
RacePitKPH = 60
NormalPitKPH = 60
Practice1Day = Friday
Practice1Start = 08:30
Practice1Duration = 60
Practice2Day = Friday
Practice2Start = 13:00
Practice2Duration = 60
Practice3Day = Saturday
Practice3Start = 15:00
Practice3Duration = 60
QualifyDay = Saturday
QualifyStart = 14:00
QualifyDuration = 60
QualifyLaps = 5
RaceDay = Sunday
RaceStart = 14:30
RaceLaps = 50
RaceTime = 120

SkyBlendSunAngles=(-20.5,-1.0,11.5,25.5)
ShadowMinSunAngle=15.0
Latitude = -23 // degs from Equator (range: -90 to 90, positive is Northern Hemisphere)
NorthDirection = 0 // the direction of North in degrees (range: 0 to 359)
RaceDate = March 3 // default date for the race
FogIntervals = (330,180,1080,150)
SunriseAmbientRGB = (54,57,84)
SunriseDirectionalRGB = (223,156,96)
SunriseFogRGB = (98,85,85)
SunriseFogin = (0)
SunriseFogout = (1000)
//SunriseFogDensity = (-1.000000)
DayAmbientRGB = (130,130,140)
DayDirectionalRGB = (255,245,230)
DayFogRGB = (74,94,130)
DayFogin = (0)
DayFogout = (2250)
//DayFogDensity = (-1.000000)
SunsetAmbientRGB = (114,119,141)
SunsetDirectionalRGB = (255,173,91)
SunsetFogRGB = (62,69,85)
SunsetFogin = (0)
SunsetFogout = (1000)
//NightFogDensity = (-1.000000)
NightAmbientRGB = (12,16,20)
NightDirectionalRGB = (10,10,12)
NightFogRGB = (0,0,0)
NightFogin = (0)
NightFogout = (1500)
//NightFogDensity = (-1.000000)

///////////////////////////SCORETOWER DATA////////////////////////////////////////////
ScoreboardFont=BATHURST_SCOREFONT01.tga // default is scoreboardfont.bmp
ScoreboardBackground=BATHURST_SCORETOWERBG.tga // default is scoreboardbkg.bmp
ScoreboardMaxEntries=9 // how many car numbers can be displayed on tower (default is 32)
ScoreboardStartX=27 // x-position in texture to write first car number (default is 0)
ScoreboardStartY=7.5 // y-position in texture to write first car number (default is 10)
ScoreboardIncX=0 // increment in x-position for each new car number (default is 0)
ScoreboardIncY=55 // increment in y-position for each new car number (default is 16)
ScoreboardScaleX=2.2 // scale multiplier for x (default is 1.0)
ScoreboardScaleY=1.7 // scale multiplier for y (default is 1.0)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

SettingsFolder = Bathurst
SettingsCopy = Bathurst.svm
SettingsAI = Bathurst.svm
Qualify Laptime = 126.60
Race Laptime = 131.00
PitStopStrategies
{
Max Spooner = 1 - 3
Steve Wells = 1 - 4
Alex Van Ehrheim = 1 - 3
Stuart Sellars = 1 - 3
Sian Atkinson = 1 - 4
Sam Bradley = 1 - 3
Vicky Pickles = 1 - 3
Shaun Brame = 1 - 4
Lewis Dallas = 1 - 3
Scott Mittel = 1 - 3
Tom Coller = 1 - 4
David Boucher = 1 - 3
Matt Gilmour = 1 - 3
Max Lees = 1 - 4
Nick Selby = 1 - 3
John Webb = 1 - 3
Matt Cherrington = 1 - 4
}
}

I tried this as follows and it did not work. Any ideas as to what I should be doing differently

It looks ok Roy, I haven't used this since GSC2012 but others above have reported it works in GSCE (posted in October, so that would have been v1.20 I think).
How about putting a space after RaceLapTime? Sounds silly, but occasionally I have definitely found files that stop working just because of a missing blank line, so it's worth a try just to eliminate the possibility.

Failing that, what cars are you using? I will try and take a look later if I get chance.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back