AI pit early with BMW E30 Group A due to tire wear

I tried to do 55 lap (1.5 hour) race on the 3.7km circuit Okayama (link).

AI consisted of 8 Alfa Romeo 155, 9 BMW E30, and 5 Mercedes 190.

By the 20th lap all BMWs beside me (on medium tires), had all pitted.

I was able to do an additional 8 laps (28), albeit was 2 seconds slower. I still had 10 laps of fuel left.

None of the Alfa Romeo's pitted until way after the 25 laps.

I was wondering if there was a way to remedy this? It seems the only solution is equip my car with soft tires, to make it more challenging for mysel

AI cars never pit for tyres or damage, they only pit for fuel. At least with some of the later versions they actually do repair damage and change tyres when pitting for fuel, but they will never pit for fresh tyres or repairs only.

What the problem is in your case, i don't know, but you can check what's wrong with the race fuel monitor dev app. It shows the amount of fuel and the predicted amount of laps left for every AI car on the grid. Usually when what you describe happens, it's a mod car that's missing the fuel_cons.ini (or has wrong values in it), which leads to the AI wrongly calculating the amount of fuel needed for the race. Of course you seem to be using Kunos cars, so i have no idea what's wrong.

The calculation for the amount of fuel at the race start is usually done using the fuel_cons.ini value in combination with the calculated length of the AI line in meters. You can see all of that happening in the log.txt. I can't think of a way the AI line could mess that up though, so no idea.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back