Resource icon

MGP14 AI & PHYSICS MOD v1.0 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
The AI seems to be perfect with that mod, but the breaking is kinda annoying and not really realistic, im on moto 3 and after 100 meters of breaking like mad i still be at 90kmh huhu

Jonix, this mod is great, but would you please let me into the secret of which file/line to edit to alter the medium difficulty level?
I just want to match race pace with qualifying as you have done in the higher difficulties.

Thanks a lot,
Keith

EDIT never mind, I see it is changed for all levels already :)

Last edited:
Thanks Jonix, I edited the AI Difficulty file myself after looking at your changes, and adjusted the race performance to match my ability. Now the race matches qualifying and what a difference it makes to the game :)

Would love to try this out but I don't have DLC1.

However, I'm just curious if it is possible to change the lines that AI use?

I don't think AI lack the ability to brake (for example, Motogp class AI uses a good braking marker for turn 1 at Sachsenring which maximizes braking ability of the bike itself, and they can also maximize throttle control resulting in a super fast line through turn 4-6), but rather whoever programmed the AI picked really poor lines in certain corners (such as turn 12 right after the "Waterfall" where they start braking incredibly early). So it would seem to me that being able to tweak AI lines with perhaps our own "hotlaps" could do a world of difference. #wishlist

davetm, I don't have dlc1, but I extracted DATA.MIX and edited the AI Dificulty part just to balance the qual & race, and it is well worth the effort to get the balance of the game right :)

Hello everyone, I haven't been active lately. Yes, I would love to adjust AI for every track, but with the encrypted files the work is impossible. I know milestone uses autodesk softwares, I use Maya myself, but I need to put my hands on the original files. If only Milestone made a full moddable game...but they never did and never will do.

Anyway all I know is that AI follow a spline, a line on the track. In the files of each track you can find the coordinates of the spline, however it's impossible to edit them properly.
I don't think you can do much more editing with the AI than what I did, but if someone manages to, congrats!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 239 14.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.0%