AI physics are rubbish

May be too early to judge ,but so far the AI physics are too arcade feel. Boring.
You continuous bump , push or drive into the side of AI cars and they keep driving as if nothing happened.

As MarcG says :) but as a general heads-up to those not closely following the beta process, you may expect a major upgrade already on BETA2 this coming thursday. Long story short, in the rush to get BETA1 to a higher level we got to change too many things at once and that ended up breaking the AI behavior more than improving it. Things are moving quickly on this front tho and the first good step in the right direction is coming up shortly.

Please post a more detailed constructive description on the official Forum as it's pointless moaning here, if you don't then it won't help Reiza make the AI any better.

Although these opinions may help others who don't visit the Reiza forums about making a purchase. Always useful to hear both the good and bad things.

I think as far as AI are concerned, just look at how good Reiza eventually made the frankly awful rFactor AI in AMS1. They really did work wonders. Have faith, it may be lacking now, but anyone who's owned AMS1 from the start, can vouch for the amount of work that gets put into a Reiza sim over time, to make it top notch.

Although these opinions may help others who don't visit the Reiza forums about making a purchase. Always useful to hear both the good and bad things.

This is a Beta, people should NOT be making decisions about a purchase at this stage if they're unsure whether to buy or not. These types of posts only lead to misinformation further down the line and - quite frankly - are not needed here at this moment, better off like I said in the official forums, especially after the next update as Renato alluded too.

This is a Beta
2841088987_bd3606f1f2_b.jpg

This is a Beta, people should NOT be making decisions about a purchase at this stage if they're unsure whether to buy or not. These types of posts only lead to misinformation further down the line and - quite frankly - are not needed here at this moment, better off like I said in the official forums, especially after the next update as Renato alluded too.
Helpful or not, everyone is free to post their own opinions here on RD. People may disagree or dislike what is being said, but that's what forums are for... discussion. As long as it stays civil then it's all good.

Helpful or not, everyone is free to post their own opinions here on RD. People may disagree or dislike what is being said, but that's what forums are for... discussion. As long as it stays civil then it's all good.

Discussion is fine, but as this and other threads have shown people are spreading misinformation about the product which does no one any favours whatsoever.

There are wheel rotation issues and AI issues that are well known and are on the front burner. They will quickly be corrected. Reiza released the beta when they said they would release it. Kudos! They will improve all aspects of the title as quickly as humanly possible. until then....
Patience, please.
....now back to your regularly scheduled programming....:)

Discussion is fine, but as this and other threads have shown people are spreading misinformation about the product which does no one any favours whatsoever.
I'm sorry, but an issue that has been confirmed as such by an actual Reiza developer is not misinformation. Yes it will be worked on, yes it will apparently be fixed quickly, but as of right now it's an issue. I appreciate that Reiza and AMS have a lot of loyal fans who want the sim to do well (I am one of them myself), but trying to prevent people from posting anything negative is not the way to go about it.

By all means keep track of this thread and the moment improvement is made, post that information here for all to see. If you'd like to counter negative points with information of your own, that's fine too. But please don't tell people what they should and should not post. If it's within our rules then people are free to express their thoughts however they like.

I see a lot of constructive comments including comparisons to PCars 2 etc. that are perceived by the bias slight here as "negative" and are therefore removed along with the users who post them.
If posts/users were removed then it's because they've broken our rules. It doesn't matter if the whole post or just one word/line in it breaks the rules. RD staff don't have time to mess about editing individual posts so they generally just get removed in their entirety. The simply solution is to just be aware of what our posting rules are and be careful not to break them, then you're safe from moderation. :thumbsup:

I don't want to spoil, but the AI is the pCars 2 one, you can admire the beauty Project Cars 2 train/snake...

Have you play the updated PC2? If yes, it is strange. I play at 110% strenght - 50% aggressiveness, with AI laptimes similar to mine and even if I can win the race, AI try (and make) several overtake to me or against other AI. In defensive manouver AI is not great becouse just try to close the door in mid curves and do quite nothing in straight... but snake??? No way.

Last edited:
Have you play the updated PC2? If yes, it is strange. I play at 110%-50% aggressiveness, with AI laptimes similar to mine and even if I can win the race, AI try (and make) several overtake to me or against other AI. In defensive manouver AI is not great becouse just try to close the door in mid curves and do quite not in straight... but snake??? No way.
You are right....AMS2 AI is worst than Project Cars 2.

I did not yet tried AMS2: maybe you are right at this stage of AMS2 development, but considering the quite good PC2 AI (not perfect, just good), I feel confident that AMS2 will provide a satisfactory single player experience.
And I hope so much because I don't play online sim! :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 142 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.8%