AI physics are rubbish

May be too early to judge ,but so far the AI physics are too arcade feel. Boring.
You continuous bump , push or drive into the side of AI cars and they keep driving as if nothing happened.

I did not yet tried AMS2: maybe you are right at this stage of AMS2 development, but considering the quite good PC2 AI (not perfect, just good), I feel confident that AMS2 will provide a satisfactory single player experience.
And I hope so much because I don't play online sim! :)
I dont play online too....but the AI in project cars 2 is the worst for me. I like how Raceroom AI fight each others.

Last edited:
You know its funny, because when Raceroom launched, in February of 2013, it was awful, especially the AI. But you know, the guys at Sector 3 worked on it, and worked on it, and here we are 7 years later, and Raceroom is really good now. Ya think that Reiza might be able to do the same thing with AMS2? Especially since it is in much better shape now than Raceroom was at launch. :rolleyes:

You know its funny, because when Raceroom launched, in February of 2013, it was awful, especially the AI. But you know, the guys at Sector 3 worked on it, and worked on it, and here we are 7 years later, and Raceroom is really good now. Ya think that Reiza might be able to do the same thing with AMS2? Especially since it is in much better shape now than Raceroom was at launch. :rolleyes:
I agree. It is down to the developer. I have my full trust in Reiza as I do in Sector 3 and Kunos (the work they are doing on ACC is noteworthy).
Unfortunately people are too used to situations like PCARS 2 where the developer after 2 years said "enough is enough" and dropped the project glaring issues nonwithstanding.
This is the norm in the gaming world and it is getting worse for AAA titles where they hype up games to no end and then drop them to hype the next big thing regardless of the game's state.

• Deleted member 197115

My understanding is that unless SMS is willing to make changes to Madness engine, AI will be exactly as PCars2 and there is nothing Reiza can do about that.

My understanding is that unless SMS is willing to make changes to Madness engine, AI will be exactly as PCars2 and there is nothing Reiza can do about that.
Will see. The platform shares features with NFS shift and there the AI is a lot lot better than Project Cars. AI in PC2 is totally useless and Reiza knows that, I'm sure they have access to some part of the script to tweak it. I guess SMS downgraded the AI to please casual gamers.

That would mean that Reiza got the madness Engine like files with write protection.
Thats not true. Think more of like they got all collors from sms, now they can draw their own picture with it. you really thing the result will be the exact Same picture?

BTW, (again) thumps up to sms. They do not even sold (not negative meant) and gave their huge collor Palette, they also give reiza still a helping hand to work with it and improve it.

ok, i am brave to praise also sms here in the „sms-hate-Land“. ;)

• Deleted member 197115

That would mean that Reiza got the madness Engine like files with write protection.
They are not given engine code to modify to their own pleasure, just rights to use it for this title, so it is the same situation as UE4 with Kunos. Only Kunos plugged in some parts of their own, including physics and AI. Reiza is only injecting modified FFB.

They are not given engine code to modify to their own pleasure, just rights to use it for this title, so it is the same situation as UE4 with Kunos. Only Kunos plugged in some parts of their own, including physics and AI. Reiza is only injecting modified FFB.
That is not true.

Plus, the AI is wip like everything else. Reiza got full use of the engine and all parameters in it so they can (and are) changing the AI. I mean, the underlying physics are already better than PCARS 2 so no, it is not "just FFB". That is your opinion without any facts.

Mod edit: Language please.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats fake news my friend.

who would spend lots of money with the knowing to just be able to bring out the same game with just a new name?
Come on, think a bit? You really think Reiza are idiots?

i am tired of this talk AMS2 will be same as PC2. :(

From where are you getting this "understanding" exactly? From what Renato has said on the beta forums it makes your understanding complete nonsense, tread carefully and get your facts straight before potentially spreading complete misinformation please.

Mod Edit: Language please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Again absolute rubbish, show us the facts to back up your claims please.

Quote from Renato on this forum : "We have however rewritten most of the FFB code;"
This proofs they are allowed to rewrite the engine code.

That is utter bullshit.

Plus, the AI is wip like everything else. Reiza got full use of the engine and all parameters in it so they can (and are) changing the AI. I mean, the underlying physics are already better than PCARS 2 so no, it is not "just FFB". That is your opinion pulled out of your arse without any facts.
I think this is the misunderstanding. They has no access to the source code, but they can edit all the script part. I'm pretty sure AI could be improved via script, Reiza had to check this out before choosing the engine, otherwise it makes no sense. FFB, physics and AI are all scripted, it's not level 0 code.

Last edited:
I think this is the misunderstanding. They has no access to the source code, but they can edit all the script part. I'm pretty sure AI could be improved via script, Reiza had to check this out before choosing the engine, otherwise it makes no sense. FFB, physics and AI are all scripted, it's not level 0 code.
I do not know if it is only scripting they can do. They can chose to do only scripting because that is easier and well, the reason why you use a pre-built engine. But I don't know how deep their changes go. They seem to be tweaking engine parameters to get the Physics, FFB and AI and considering the changes already made, it is quite possible the AI will be much improved.

Guys, once again: could you discuss in a civil manner and respect opinions that differs from yours please?

On the subject of the source code: you don't seem to remember that our dear Paul Jeffrey did a great interview of Renato last year, with tons of infos... :whistling:
RD: While we are on the engine topic and relationship with Slightly Mad Studios, how does that work in this deal? Do SMS have any involvement in this project?

RS: SMS supply us the engine with source code, a good level of tech support and some of their assets in exchange for participation on AMS2 sales, but we retain total design and development control of it. It is again to their credit there hasn´t been so far one thing they´ve asked us not to do, nor one thing we asked from them they´ve said no to.

• Deleted member 197115

That is utter bullshit.

Plus, the AI is wip like everything else. Reiza got full use of the engine and all parameters in it so they can (and are) changing the AI. I mean, the underlying physics are already better than PCARS 2 so no, it is not "just FFB". That is your opinion pulled out of your arse without any facts.

Well, point A shows that they have low level access to the code and point D clearly states that "You cannot gauge the results of our physics and FFB on the Madness engine by other sims running the Madness engine, just as you couldn´t gauge the physics and FFB of AMS1 by other games running the pMotor physics." so it seems to be more than "just injecting their own FFB". Because it isn't. If you drove it, you would know this.

. Reiza is only injecting modified FFB.

Renato:
"We have however rewritten most of the FFB code;"

Congratulations, you've just 0wned yourself!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back