AI missing checkpoint.

Hello,

I'm stuck with this problem since long time ago, on many tracks (and official tracks too)
Sometimes the AI miss the sector checkpoint without reason.

I mean : i can watch an AI running in race at position 2 , and sudently she get +1lap ..in last place.
I tried without blue flag, not using and using replay option when watching AI race..
Disables blue flag and penalty on Series file / PLR file.. that seems to fix nothing..

By reading xml file, i saw that AI get the last , second or third sector in 50s or 1mn more..
if i'm watching replay, the car was running normally in the second sector..
ss.png

Sankyu.

Mod used : F1 V10.

Last edited:
I've seen this before a couple times too. Can't really remember exactly but I think I've fixed it addressing the talent files. Could be a file name conflict of some kind triggering this bug. I'd say to try and remove the talent files altogether and see if it still happens.

Right. Are they all unique names though? I mean, do you have any other series or mods that also use the same talent names? Just speculating regarding your issue but I know for a fact AMS is very peculiar regarding repeated names sometimes even if in different folders as the game seems to do a preliminar check on all of them when it first boots and if it encounters duplicates it disregards them.

I am having the same exact problem as you are: for me it is occurring with the CART Extreme Mod.

I tried removing all Talent files (literally all of them regardless of Series) and it did not make any difference.

I hosted via the game and did not notice any instances of the AI missing checkpoints, though I don't think there's a way to simulate a long race without sitting the whole thing out so I'm not sure if the problem would occur still in a longer race.

I also tried not using replays and that also made no difference. I tried not selecting "finish session" and just let the race play out but once again no difference - the AI, despite no crashing or any holdups, would often just seem to "miss" completing a sector, and go a lap down for no reason.

Wow. I've never noticed this myself, but it may have been happening occasionally without my noticing. Yikes! First I've heard of this. Count me in as another person interested in knowing what's going on and how to fix it!

Has anyone ever posted about this on the Reiza forums? This seems like a serious enough issue it might have been mentioned there.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%