AI LMP Cars Very Mistake Prone

Hello!

I would like to spend more time with rFactor 2, mostly in single player. I like to set up GTE/LMP2/DPi practice sessions. From my experience, LMP2 cars are extremely prone to making errors, spinning, when close to a slower class. I have AI Mistakes at 0 in the player.json file. I do most of my sessions on official tracks with official cars (came here from Sebring). Aggression about 25, limiter at 5. It is a pretty fresh install of rFactor 2.

I guess enabling AI learning would not solve this, right? As it is more racing related than driving related. Any tips are appreciated... Thanks.

Edit: Decreasing the limiter to 1 seemed to improve it? Have to test it more.

Last edited:
@Durge Driven Increased aggression to 40 with the exact same race I set up yesterday and the result was better. Less yellows, not caused by clumsy GTs. Subsequent testing at Road Atlanta also showed improvements. This time, however, it is clearly some overly eager paydriver LMP2s causing trouble. A little bit of aggression reduction would provide optimal results I think, of course in the bounds of what we were given. Thank you for the useful advice. Bit counterintuitive, but logical and works at the end of the day. Of course, needs more testing. Portland was also problematic, that will be my next destination in the sim.

I literally reinstalled rFactor 2 like... 4-5 days ago. I will check what the track state is/was. In Sebring they tend to spin around e.g. turn 11 trying to overtake the GT cars around the outside, clipping the grass.
Regarding very odd ai behaviours can sometimes be corrected by deleting your player.json as MarcG stated but reinstalling rF2 will "Not" delete your player.jason so manually delete it and see if it helps. :thumbsup:

I am new to r factor 2 and I have been mainly running lmp1/lmp2/gte multiclass races using the GEM. I did a 2 hours race at Sebring this week (split in 3 sessions), not using the AI calibration, and also noticed the protos spinning from time to time. Another thing that I noticed is that after my last resume from replay (starting the 3rd session) there were 5 minutes of chaos with many cars retiring. Maybe a side effect of the race restarting with cold tires or not rubbered? In the end 9 cars from a total of 31 retired, mainly lmps. Any tips for using the resume from replay feature?

I did enjoy a lot that race, and running from a GTE the AI from the faster classes behaved correctly at the moment of lapping me.

Run a long practice session and then save the rubbered in track. I haven't done a replay race in years, but you should be able to load the track surface. Also there is an AI mistake prone value in the player json. the closer the number is to zero, the fewer mistakes. Look for these lines:

"AI Mistakes":0,
"AI Mistakes#":"a range of (intentional) AI mistakes from 0.0 (none) to 1.0 (sometimes). Anything above 1.0 multiplies the frequency",

Also if you not bothered with track evolution use the real road you save in all sessions and set real road to "static" which lowers system usage

Personally I think it's useful for consistency with garage and AI baselines

Like if you do a long "offline online" session swapping 10 GT3 cars in garage using evolving grip the cars you run last will get advantage

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back